276°
Posted 20 hours ago

My Husband's Wife: the Sunday Times bestseller

£4.495£8.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The following traits are good signs that your husband may be a narcissist: 1. He Acts Better Than Everyone Else The book is cut into two halves, beginning in the year two thousand with Lily as a newly qualified solicitor, fresh from her honeymoon with her new husband Ed. Her first case is to defend a convicted murder Joe Thomas, who was accused of killing his girlfriend. There is a strange attraction between Lily and Joe, and since her new marriage isn’t turning out exactly as she had hoped, she finds it difficult to walk the professional line. Meanwhile, Lily and Ed become involved with their neighbours; an attractive Italian mother and her young daughter, Carla. Although the beginning of this novel is quite slow, I really enjoyed getting to know the characters and what motivated them. None of them are particularly sympathetic , but this part of the book and the interplay between the characters is important to understand what happens later. Talk about layers! This is the one such book that I came across in quite a while, which is so high in multi-dimensional layers not only within the story line, but also in the mystery and also among the characters. Right from the very start, the story begins pulling me into its deepest, darkest and craziest maze of mystery, and till the midway into the story, I could not afford to turn away my head from this book. The author did a great job in playing games with my mind as well as twisting my mind into so many knots that I finally had to rely on the author's power to unravel the mystery layer-by-layer.

Eventually things come to a head and the story skips ahead 16 years later when Carla is in her late 20s and Lily is in her 40s or I think just turned 40. The time jumps got to me after a while and I stopped paying attention. Now Penny has to re-examine her life with Ledger and look for clues… has he been lying to her for the past 5 years? Is he really dead? Can she believe Emma? Whilst nine year old Carla doesn't quite fit in, as her mum is more interested in having sex with her boyfriend than looking after her daughter - the young girl is looked after by Lilly and Ed at weekends. All this is set around 2000/01 where the case that Lilly is involved in was the most interesting aspect of the first half.

Need Help?

People with no National Insurance record before 6 April 2016 will need 35 qualifying years to get the full amount of new State Pension, when they reach State Pension age.

Lily was one I was rooting for, despite her painful and troubled past, most of which was revealed in bits and pieces…and then, finally, in greater depth at the end.

This is a convice that's setting up little challenges for his lawyer and if she passes the tests, then he'll deem her worthy enough to handle his case. I hoped she would just quit and leave him to play games by himself in prison but, alas, that doesn't happen. However, for me, at least, this book seems like it is one part family drama and one part domestic thriller. Don’t worry – you are not alone. It has happened to countless women. It’s easy to get fooled by a narcissist, and by the time you figure out who he really is, you are probably already married to him.

The first part went like this: Five years ago I was working a late-night shift at Over Easy when Ledger Stone walked in. He looked straight into my eyes and never looked away. The old rules (which include basic State Pension and Additional State Pension) were complicated, making it difficult to know how much you’d get until you were close to State Pension age. With the new State Pension, people will know from a much younger age how much they’re likely to get, providing a solid base for their saving and retirement planning. 2. What is the State Pension? Find out more about deferring the new State Pension at www.gov.uk/deferring-state-pension 6. How does the new State Pension work for self-employed people, or people who have been self-employed in the past? The setting of London ends up reading as bleak and oppressive. Everyone is a liar and everyone is grossly unhappy. A woman who made this choice may get a new State Pension based on different rules if these will give her more than the amount of new State Pension that she would otherwise get based on her own National Insurance record. Where these rules apply, she won’t need 10 qualifying years of her own to get any State Pension.If you were really content with your own company, then you wouldn't have agreed to marry a man you barely know after two dates. A] roller coaster of suspense and intrigue... A cleverly constructed novel in which we have no idea who we can trust' Rosanna Ley

Slowly, he became critical and controlling. Everything was all about him, and he didn’t care how you felt or what you thought. Slowly, the man you met just disappeared before your eyes.

Almost 2 years later, Stefanie still wakes up early, goes for a run, and jumps into parenting our 2 daughters

But Katie had issues. She was a narcissistic mean-girl spirited woman who thought she was better than everyone else. She liked to throw up her white privilege and her good looks to her sisters named Kyle and Epiphany. (Ahem. . .please note, I was thrown off by the name choices for these two characters.) She couldn’t stop talking about the wonderful life she was going to have with her new husband and how degrading and belittling it would be for her sisters to never experience the type of life she had. Talk about being full of yourself and extra. Hmmph! Some parts of the story are very much tongue-in-cheek and cross boundaries into which some readers might find surprising; indeed, I felt Lily and Ed's relationship with their son (who has behavioural and developmental issues) to be appropriately recorded. Perhaps the author has some first hand experience of people with learning difficulties, which could explain how she was able to create a very realistic "life-is-not-a-bed-of-roses" picture of the reality of caring for someone with autism. Ultimately, I found that no detail of the story was placed without a reason, and there are a lot of details. The full experience of this story is worth the attention! What did I think?: Honestly, this is one of my favorite books that I've read in a long time. I was impressed not just with the story but also the flow of writing and how the different perspectives didn't feel clunky or irritating. I was left with cliff-hangers that kept me up well past my bedtime. If you reached State Pension age before 6 April 2016, you may be able to inherit some of your spouse or civil partner’s State Pension when they die.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment