276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Attack on Titan: Colossal Edition 1

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

We also have the female Titan on a ramage. Our characters are trying to figure out what that is all about. While they were doing that, you could see them start to wonder if there were more people out there like Eren. Do more people have the ability to turn into Titans? Again, this sense of the unknown comes across so well. Then, we also have the big reveal about the wall. This makes our characters start to wonder what else their government and military leaders are keeping from them. After all, they are the ones putting their lives on the line. This bit of information is enough to sway the course of events. It makes them also reexamine everything that they thought they knew about the world. However, this didn’t last for too long because we are once again thrown into the face of action. Again, I am sure this will come up again. It’s too big of a reveal for it not to come up.

After Eren wakes up from his nightmare, we are introduced to Armin and Mikasa. Armin is Eren’s best friend and he fills Eren’s head with dreams of seeing the outside world beyond the walls, telling him stories of oceans, deserts, mountains, volcanoes and all sorts of things they could never imagine witnessing with their own eyes if they continue to spend the rest of their lives hiding in mundane safety behind the walls. Armin is frail and timid, but he’s incredibly smart and proves his worth as a brilliant tactician. He’s also very loyal and protects his friends when the going gets tough.

Started this series because my wife has watched the show about three times now and the zeitgeist is at a fever pitch. The way that this universe was created and organized with all the different military corps and battle strategies was super interesting to read about, so I’m excited for more of that to come. We follow a world in which humanity has been invaded by these Titans, which eat humans. Humans have been forced to build walls and live behind them. There aren’t many left. These walls are supposed to be titan-proof. Humans seem to have forgotten about the dangers outside. Eren, one of our main characters, wants to go beyond the wall. They do well until the way comes with a Colossal Titan breaking through the wall. A colossal Titan is something that humans haven’t seen before. They are bigger, faster, and meaner. It starts killing people. No one knows what has changed and it sparks fear. Throughout the series, we learn that humans don’t know all that much about Titans, which makes them even scarier. I've written at length for singular volumes of other manga series, yet I feel like I don't really want to write about five books at once, and so I guess this will be terribly brief for a review of mine.

It fills me with joy to see a manga artist improve as much as Mr. Isayama has because while I'll have to wince through the first few issues at least it will slowly change for the better and the story, characters, and action will always keep me pulled in. From Vol 3 things definitely start tilting sideways. Eren is a titan..or can transform into one. Ok. So can others apparently too. This society is incredibly corrupt from top to bottom and it is astonishing the titans have not finished them off. There are...titans in the walls?? This first bundle of volumes sets things up a little more like a standard story. Eren is our protag, Mikasa is a loyal friend/love interest, and a coterie of friends and rivals exist to push Eren and "make him be stronger" or whatever. Our threats are identified and seem fairly clear, all that's left is to see what Eren's personal growth looks like and who will get off'd in our hero's long march.

Success!

It’s ironic that, a year ago, I couldn’t care less about the series. Now I can't wait to dive into the pools of blood it. After being put through years of brutal military training, Eren and his friends are prepared to lay their lives on the line to exterminate every last titan in the world and bring freedom to humanity once more. But Eren doesn’t yet realize that he isn’t prepared for the many horrors that lie beyond the walls he grew up in. There’s more than just titans out there that want him and his friends dead. Anyway, good shit in this omnibus. Roughly three whole volumes of the five contained are dedicated to the Female Titan, as introduced in the end of Colossal Edition 1, establishing a very firm story arc. The rest of the collection poses the mystery of the Beast Titan, but it is not given as much focus as other things - namely, the mystery of the Walls, the in-pouring Titans who seem to have come from nowhere (there turns out to be no hole in the Wall), the true identities of Ymir and Krista, the true identities of Reiner and Bertolt.... As Reiner's Armored Titan battles Eren's Titan, Bertholdt fights against the Scouts with a partially transformed Colossal Titan. When the soldiers led by Hange Zoë are ready to land a killing blow, Bertholdt once more uses his steam emission control to keep them all at a distance, and their ODM gear is unable to reach him in the continuous gusts of wind. Bertholdt's Colossal remains in this state of emission for a short time until Reiner faces imminent defeat in his struggle against Eren and calls for help. Hearing Reiner's signal, Bertholdt falls to the ground below. [8] This causes a destructive explosion below, with the Colossal Titan evaporating into a gush of steam. Bertholdt leaves his Titan and joins up with Reiner, who had managed to capture Eren and Ymir in the chaos. [13] Return to Shiganshina arc [ ]

Armin Arlelt also uses this ability to wipe out most of, if not all of the Marleyan naval fleet present at the Raid on Liberio in a devastating explosion, sending a tremendous wave of energy inland and destroying the port entirely. [6] Immense Size [ ] I will say the one weaker point is Sasha's story. Not horrible but just okay. It feels slow but with purpose as to build her character. Same with Connie's storyline but there's SO much underlying moments with Connie's story that it all makes sense.I don’t really know how explain this point, but I enjoyed how real this story felt. Humanity isn’t perfect and Isayama doesn’t try to pretend like it is. The way that he wrote the story and the characters a certain way really helped show that. First off, the characters. Literally all of them. I had a couple of favourites, (Sasha, Connie, Marco and Jean) but overall I understood where people were coming from and why they acted the way they did even when they didn’t have a POV. Reiener, Ymir, Christa, and others are trapped in this tower at night. Now, Titans are not supposed to be able to move at night. They camped there because they were supposed to be safe. This is not the case. The battle sequence that followed ranks right up there with some of the best fantasy battles out there. It’s intense, it’s dangerous, and you don’t know who is going to make it out in one piece. It gives you the fear and worries that you want to come along with a battle. You don’t know who is going to make it out. You don’t know if any of them are going to make it out. You don’t know what is going on. After all, what is happening does not fit in with what we and the characters know about the world.

I do give Isayama huge credit for the mild way with which the Armored and Colossal Titans (re)introduced themselves here. Maybe I was expecting some over-the-top Naruto shit, but I'm glad Isayama handled it with some "maturity." Really digging the sincerity with which Isayama's been writing his story, avoiding blatant cliches... even if I'm mostly excited for the flesh-mecha battles between Titan-shifters.In the year 845, the nation of Marley sent out Bertholdt, Reiner Braun, Annie Leonhart, and Marcel Galliard across the sea to Paradis Island as the start of the Paradis Island Operation. [3] Story [ ] The Fall of Shiganshina arc [ ] The world is very dark. I like how the dark undertone of the art shows us just how dark and dangerous this world is. While reading, I kept thinking about how the grey and scribbles showed us how much we don’t know. When the characters are out hunting Titans and not knowing where they are, the artwork allows you to see that. The blurred edges and lines give the same view that the characters are seeing. You are there with them. The darkness and the unknown give you this experience of being in the world with the characters. Plus, the characters’ facial expressions and actions add more. While I am still new to manga, I have not seen too many graphic novels in general display this kind of emotion on the characters. The author truly is showing you their fear and unity without words. Now, we do see this through the spoken parts as well. However, it is through the characters’ actions that we see most of it. We do get Connie’s and Sasha’s story. I don’t know if anyone else feels this way, but I felt like their stories kind of showed the plot down. We were in the middle of some pretty intense action and it was interrupted by their stories. Now, I am sure that these will be important later on, but it just felt sort of awkward where they were placed. It, again, just interrupted the flow of what was happening. The Colossal Titan, like all the Nine Titans, was brought into the world after the death of Ymir Fritz. In the 1,700 years following her death, the Colossal Titan was held in the possession of one or several of the warring Eldian houses subservient to the Founding Titan. After these seventeen centuries when Karl Fritz, the 145th King of the Fritz family, abandoned the conflicts of Eldia and relocated to Paradis Island, the Colossal Titan was taken by the nation of Marley during the Great Titan War. [11] No one is really safe. Yes, there's a set amount of characters who are there that probably won't die right away. BUT the risk of death, watching others getting killed, it's terrifying. Not to mention the action is both vicieral and brutal. Having Eren go head to head with these titans is amazing. But watching a titan vs a titan? Oh so good.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment