276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Don Julio Reposado Tequila | 38% vol | 70cl | Luxury Tequila | Mellow | Elegant Flavour & Inviting Aroma | Recommended for a Mixed Drink or Cocktails | Rich & Smooth Finish

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Great depth and richness with chocolate, vanilla and cinnamon notes livened up by tart lemon underneath. Effortlessly adds depth and complexity to your margarita without losing its underlying refreshing citrus.

Kleinman, Geoff (13 March 2013). "How Tequila is Made: Behind the Scenes of Don Julio Tequila" . Retrieved 20 February 2014. My journey has seen me as an owner of sophisticated bars and renowned liquor shops, and even as a Mezcal distiller, honing the craft from scratch. Here, I’m not just sharing opinions; I’m weaving tales from the rich tapestry of my experiences over these three decades. I’m J Highland, and for over 30 years, I’ve been deeply immersed in the captivating world of Tequila, Mezcal, and other agave spirits.He didn't have much, but what he did have was passion, and after sharing his vision with a powerful local businessman he was granted a loan to create his first tequila distillery. I've always enjoyed Don Julio anejo, but I'm more of a reposado drinker, so this was a natural. It has the same sweet agave character and smoothness of the anejo, but slightly less of the brandy-like qualities that most anejos exhibit. It's not a great value, because the DJ offerings tend to be pricey, but for one of the best tequilas on the market, that's to be expected. Don Julio Reposado is the product of aging Don Julio Blanco for 8 months in an oak barrel before bottling. Finish: This is why I love reposados. They give you the smoothness of the aging, but still include the peppery spice of agave. This one's finish last a decent time with a nice combo of both.

Other options within this price range include Fortaleza Reposado and ArteNOM 1414. Is Don Julio Reposado better than Blanco? I can't believe that it's taken me this long to try this tequila. I like the blanco and the anejo and 1942 are two of my favorites. It was worth the wait.

Blanco tequila never sees the inside of an oak barrel. Without the influence of the wood, blanco tequila provides the purest expression of the agave’s natural flavors and clearly captures the terroir of the region where the blue agave was grown. Some producers choose to rest the tequila in steel tanks for less than two months to let the flavors settle a bit across batches before distributing it into individual bottles. But even this slight delay leaves most of the vivid, young, fiery flavors intact. Emmons, Bob (1997). The Book of Tequila: A Complete Guide. Chicago: Open Court. p.x. ISBN 978-0812693515.

Tequila Don Julio reaffirms the super-premium quality of its tequilas by winning three medals during the latest edition of The Global Spirits Masters, an international contest that qualifies and rewards excellence in the production of spirits, providing brands with key differentiation in a competitive market. Don Julio's care and attention stretched even to the planting of his agave plants. He planted them further apart than was typical, which allowed them more space to grow. He harvested the agave only when it was fully mature, and then worked with only the most juicy and ripe parts of the agave heart, or piña. The piñas were roasted slowly for 72 hours. The result was a tequila which was smoother and richer than any had been before, and Don Julio achieved his dream of making the world's first premium tequila. Don Julio offer a refined 1942 añejo tequila and an extraordinary Real extra-añejo tequila The good news is that I’ve got you covered on this with the following post comparing both releases from Don Julio. Is Don Julio Reposado better than Añejo?

Reposado has a lighter oak influence with an aging period of 8 months, while Don Julio Añejo offers a taste similar to Bourbon with prominent cinnamon notes.

The aroma is filled with agave, vanilla and the right amount of spice and the finish is an excellent balance between the mellowness introduces by the aging and the spice of the agave. High-quality Tequilas are typically intended for sipping rather than shooting, but ultimately, it’s your prerogative to enjoy them as you want. It’s worth noting that Añejo was considered Don Julio’s top-tier option until the introduction of 1942. How to drink it?Don Julio Tequila encourages consumers of legal drinking age to celebrate responsibly. About Don Julio Tequila McLoughlin, Gavin (4 November 2014). "Diageo sells off Bushmills to drinks giant Jose Cuervo". Irish Independent . Retrieved 4 November 2014. At some point, I had a liking for Don Julio as it was my initial experience with Reposado, but as my palate evolved, I no longer drink it.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment