276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Rodial Banana Lowlighter

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Banana powder is a setting powder that was originally created and solely used by makeup artists, which is why the two often go hand in hand. It gets its name from the slight yellow tint the powder has, as opposed to the more commonly used translucent and skin tone-specific colored setting powders that you may already have in your makeup bag. What Is Banana Powder Used For? Since the launch of Banana Bright Eye Crème, we discovered an exciting gold complexed vitamin C active that inspired us to upgrade Banana Bright Eye Crème to deliver bigger and brighter benefits," says Riva Barak, SVP of Product Development at Ole Henriksen. "Banana Bright+ combines this upgraded gold complexed vitamin C with the two additional powerhouse forms of vitamin C included in the original–3,O-ethyl ascorbic acid (aka ethyl ascorbic acid) and tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate–to deliver more potent benefits to the skin. As someone who's had serious dark under-eye circles since I was a kid, I'd been on the hunt for a brightening eye cream (that actually works) for years before I discovered the original Ole Henriksen Banana Bright Eye Crème. It's the top-selling eye cream at Sephora and a Byrdie go-to for reducing the appearance of dark circles—plus, Kim Kardashian is reportedly a fan. It earned a permanent place in my routine the moment I applied it to my skin.

Overall, it's an incredible formula that's perfect for daily use—it's fragrance-free, it doesn't pill, plumps fine lines, and has the added benefit of immediate brightening of the under-eye area (especially when you layer it under concealer). The new and improved Banana Bright+ is even better than the original, and it's something I'll definitely be repurchasing over and over. This has also been tested and chosen as best for dark circles for our best eye creams for men. Instead, the hero ingredient here is vitamin C, a powerful antioxidant that benefits the skin in several ways: It shields against environmental stressors, promotes collagen production, and helps lighten brown spots or discoloration. In this formula specifically, we have an upgraded vitamin C trio (compared to the original Banana Bright). While there are definitely cheaper vitamin C-infused eye creams on the market, this jar has years of research behind it, quality ingredients, and will last you for about six months. (I've been using it for two months straight and I'm not even halfway through the jar.) To me, it's totally worth it to have a product that immediately improves the appearance of my under-eye circles while also improving and protecting my skin over time. But only you can make the decision for yourself. As you can probably guess by the above, banana setting powder is used to set your makeup look. But, it has a few additional benefits in comparison to other settings powders thanks to its color. Like we mentioned, banana powder has a yellow or golden tint. This tint helps to color-correct your complexion, leaving it looking brighter and more even in tone. Banana powder itself also works to smooth the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, absorb oil, increase the lifespan of your look, and leave you with an airbrushed finish. How To Use Banana Powder Providing a softer highlight to the complexion, this complexion enhancer is ideal for creating a healthy radiance to the skin without a strong shimmer effect, leaving skin looking dewy and fresh for the perfect 'no make-up' look.

It’s time for your banana powder! Use a fluffy face brush to sweep the powder over your complexion. If you’re baking your makeup, use a makeup blender to press the powder under your eyes, overtop the triangles you created in the step prior. Let the powder sit for a few minutes, then use a fluffy brush to sweep it away and reveal a brighter, awakened complexion. Step #5. Finish Your Look

I was unsure about the brightening promise in the name of this eye cream. How, precisely, would it brighten? And how significantly? Could I skip inner eye corner concealer altogether if I got on board and used it every day? The answers after testing are as follows: After you’ve applied your banana setting powder, you can move along with the rest of your makeup look. This means following suit with blush, highlighter, eyeshadow—you name it. Finish your routine as you normally would before heading out the door. that violates any law, statute, ordinance or regulation (including, but not limited to, those governing export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, anti-discrimination or false advertising);Aqua (Water), Cyclopentasiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Sodium Citrate, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Cera Alba (Beeswax), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), Phenoxyethanol, Polyglyceryl-4 Diisostearate/Polyhydroxystearate/Sebacate, Polyglyceryl-4 Oleate, Mica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Potassium Aluminum Silicate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Potassium Sorbate, Hydrogen Dimethicone, Caffeine, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), Silica, Sodium Dehydroacetate, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), Escin, Methicone, Sodium Hyaluronate, CI 75470 (Carmine). use of the content you supply does not violate these Terms of Use and will not cause injury to any person or entity. It's important to note, however, that in rare cases, those with very sensitive skin can experience irritation with vitamin C—and that goes for any brand and any product. Fortunately, with Banana Bright+, board-certified dermatologist Dr. Rachel Nazarian notes that "the product contains some anti-inflammatory ingredients that are generally calming to skin, such as jojoba oil and shea butter," to help combat some of the less desirable effects that sensitive skin types can experience with vitamin C. The vast majority of users won't experience a single problem, but if you have extremely sensitive skin or have had reactions to vitamin C in the past, it's always a good idea to perform a patch test first. Yes, it brightens. Enough that I noticed it after a week. I attributed this to the vitamin c and gold which Ole Henriksen say helps the delivery system of said vitamin c. I still wanted to reach for concealer - but not quite so much. That’s a pretty big deal for me. So, contrary to the name of this eye cream, banana is not one of its ingredients; the name is inspired by banana powder, a yellow-tinted powder that makeup artists use to brighten and color-correct dull skin.

Next, apply concealer (we recommend the L’Oréal Paris Infallible Full Wear Concealer Waterproof, Full Coverage) to any blemishes and imperfections you still feel are noticeable. If you plan to bake your makeup, apply a concealer in a color that’s one to two shades lighter than your skin tone in upside-down triangles under your eyes. Make sure to buff and blend the triangles so there are no harsh lines. Step #4. Dust On Banana Powder Editor’s Note: We reviewed this article on September 23, 2023. As per our editorial policy, we are constantly updating our content, to make sure it reflects the best of the best when it comes to beauty, wellness, and fashion. We want to assure our readers that we still stand by our recommendations, which we do. I used Ole Henriksen's Banana Bright+ Eye Crème every morning for two months and found that my under-eyes were significantly more hydrated, makeup went on smoother, and my dark circles were more neutralized with each application. It's important to note that my dark circles were only cosmetically lightened (not permanently lightened) because of the peachy, orangey-tint to the product, which helps to cancel out the blue tones in your under-eyes. This goes away when I wash any remnants of the product away in the evening. No eye cream can erase my dark circles because, like I mentioned before, my dark circles are a result of my eye muscles showing through my thin under-eye skin.Formulated with caffeine to depuff the eye area, antioxidant-rich vitamin C and vitamin E to condition and soothe, and light-reflecting pigments to illuminate. But while the original formula was an immediate beauty bag staple for me, there were reports from those with more sensitive skin that the formula caused irritation and allergic reaction. Ole Henriksen could have continued to reap the benefits of chart-topping sales of Banana Bright despite the complaints and recent innovations in vitamin C—but instead, the brand sprung into action to reformulate a more effective, gentler, fragrance-free iteration. If you’re interested in adding banana powder makeup to your routine, you’ll be happy to know it’s quite easy. To make it even easier, we’ve pulled together a step-by-step tutorial, below. Step #1. Prime Your Face Founded in 1999 by Maria Hatzistefanis, Rodial is a London-based skincare and makeup brand that creates powerful and effective products to see long-lasting benefits on the skin. The luxury brand has made a name for itself through never-seen-before formulations that deliver amazing results, from anti-ageing to correcting dark spots. Rodial was created for the Modern Woman, who wants to put minimal effort and time into her beauty routine but still wants to see beautiful results that last. Who is it For

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment