276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Becoming Alpha (Alpha Girl Book 1)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

After Tessa becomes a werewolf she has to change schools again and gets to know a whole new set of people. As the first book of the series, Becoming Alpha introduces the reader to a supernatural world where things out of the ordinary do exist. I have a lot to read and more advanced copies than I can chew probably, but something about this book winked at me, batted its eyelashes and got me all flustered (I’m easy that way) so I requested and was approved (thanks again!

As soon as I started book 1 I couldn't put it down, the story grips you in making you want to know what happens next in Tessa new life, totally worth every minute spent reading!

Most purchases from business sellers are protected by the Consumer Contract Regulations 2013 which give you the right to cancel the purchase within 14 days after the day you receive the item. Tess more often felt left out because of her condition, and when she was forced into the outer world Tess literally seemed to cave in on herself and hide. I read myself sick of them a few months back, but I am so happy I chose Becoming Alpha to catapult myself back into the sub-genre. Tessa and her friends must find a way to stop the vampires and they are definitely not of the sparkly variety no they are of the mean gross, smelly, rotten, undead variety. She's the pampered daughter of a major Hollywood lawyer and publicist who just happens to have famous movie stars and clients sidling up to him all the time, she's inherited her Latina mother's dark good looks, her family is affluent, her big brother adores his little sister.

I love shows like Teen Wolf, Vampire Diaries and The Originals, so the whole "werewolf" and "vampire" thing is pretty straight forward for me, and it's something I already know so many variants of. Dastien pretty much turns all macho and is like “I have to have you, chomp chomp now you’re a werewolf opps sorry” and so on.Instead of portraying Tessa as spoiled, we find out that she prints pictures based on her favourite bands on her T-shirts. He growls and punches and beats the living crap out of any guy who dares look at Tessa out of the corner of their eyes. Whenever seventeen year old Tessa touches people or objects she gets a glimpse into their past so she wears gloves at all times to help prevent this from happening. A pattern I seem to find myself having is my need for strong female leads in the novels I read, and let me tell you Aileen delivers in this area.

With her high end writing skills, Aileen was able to bring to life two main characters, Dastien and Daleen, who from any readers point of view are undeniably well written and their connection is just on another level. There were a lot of layers going on that went way beyond mere physical attraction, and I really liked that. Even in the beginning when they talked about her being able to see visions she didn't like to touch people or objects, but at the same time it wasn't stewed upon and dragged out at all.When the coven leader tries to control Tessa with dark-magic, Tessa realizes she has to dismantle the coven or prepare the pack for war. I’m always coming across them for free or cheap as Kindle deals, but usually the synopsis doesn’t really sound that great, or the synopsis lies to me, which is obviously within the first few pages. Thinking back on this novel, I cannot put my finger on one element that I would change or wish was added. She knows there are a lot of subplots to be resolved in the story still and she can always integrate another big bang at the end of book two.

She's never even had a boyfriend because what girl wants to know, in vivid detail, the inner workings of a teenage boy's mind?I like to have a fluff book to read a chapter or two of before bedtime, and thought that I would give this one a try – I’ve been attempting to sift through the gajillion Kindle books I have and actually get rid of the ones that I’m really never going to read.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment