276°
Posted 20 hours ago

My Sister Jodie

£3.995£7.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Jacqueline is one of the nation’s favourite authors, and her books are loved and cherished by young readers not only in the UK but all over the world. She has sold millions of books and in the UK alone the total now stands at over 35 million!

Doubleday, - LoveReading4Kids

Is this realistic? Yeah, for sure. Once I was a teenager, I basically got the message from those around me that I should be flattered by male attention. But in a children’s book, this could be a teaching moment that counters that messed up attitude. Something that sends the message to kids that it’s not okay, it’s not fair, it’s not “proof” of their adulthood, but a betrayal of them as children and human beings who deserve to be protected from predatory men. Something this book taught me was about the ups and downs of sibling's relationship. Having no siblings of my own, I never really understood or knew what having a sibling would be like. Though I probably don't wholly understand the enormity and joy of having a brother or sister, I now understand it much better. They lived the investigation with us. They want answers to questions I can't give them. Why did this happen? I cannot give them a satisfactory answer because I don't know myself. I don't reread much, but I wanted to read this for a pop sugar challenge last year, but I didn't get to it. This weekend, I wanted to make an effort to get to it and have done a reading vlog: https://youtu.be/Kgi6rIXpQD8 The court had heard how Ong-a-Kwie had been knifed in the thigh six months before and was on the lookout for his assailants on the day of the murder.They might love me the same as you, but they don't like me. And the kids in my class positively hate me, you know they do.' Every moment of every day is filled with thoughts of my beautiful boys, Mark and Evan, my mother, Ruth, my sister, Jodie Lee and my partner Sean,” the Derry woman said.

My Sister Jodie by Jacqueline Wilson (9780385610124/Hardback My Sister Jodie by Jacqueline Wilson (9780385610124/Hardback

He had a difficult upbringing and was taken into care at a young age after his mother suffered from mental illness and was unable to cope. Harriet, Freya, Sheba and Clarissa - Pearl's friends at school. Pearl likes Harriet the best but Clarissa can get really mean about Jodie.I first read this book when I was ten years old and I loved it, I had always like Jacqueline Wilson books but that one was my favourite. I read this book from cover to cover about five times, when I was younger opening up that book when I couldn't sleep. Mrs Lewin and Mr Michaels - Mrs Lewin is Pearl's teacher and adores Pearl while Mr Michaels has struggles with Jodie. Pearl and Jodie Wells are sisters. Jodie, 14, is boisterous, mischievous and very protective of her younger sister. She dyes her hair, pierces her ears and dresses in an outlandish way, constantly irritating her mother. Pearl, 10, is a shy bookworm, who thinks the world of Jodie. Their mother and father, Sharon and Joe, decide to move to Melchester College, a boarding school in the countryside, where they have both been offered new jobs as a cook and caretaker, respectively. They would like to give the girls an opportunity to receive a quality education. Jodie does not want to move, because she is settled at her current school, where she is friends with the popular girls. She is even more horrified when her mother says that she will have to retake Year 8. Pearl, however, is glad because she is constantly bullied at her school. She sees the move as an opportunity to have a fresh start, in a different place with a different life. Even though she refuses, at first, Jodie finally says that she will move, when Pearl asks her to. Harriet, Sheba, Freya, and Clarissa - Pearl's friends, though Clarissa is sometimes mean about Jodie. Pearl is closer to Harriet than the rest and keep in touch after Jodie's accident. Freya always cries at the start of term. May – The third daughter of Joe and Sharon, May is born at the end of the book. Pearl says that she is not like Jodie or like Pearl, but just like herself.

My Sister Jodie - Wikipedia

While floral tributes are often left at the scene, Covid-19 has restricted public commemorations as Louise James and her daughter, Ríoghnach mark today's fifth anniversary of the day when almost her entire family perished. The only thing Kay and I would say is that we think about them every day and they are in our thoughts and prayers every day,” Mr Crawford said.

Jacqueline Wilson wrote her first novel when she was nine years old, and she has been writing ever since. She is now one of Britain’s bestselling and most beloved children’s authors. She has written over 100 books and is the creator of characters such as Tracy Beaker and Hetty Feather. More than forty million copies of her books have been sold. As well as winning many awards for her books, including the Children’s Book of the Year, Jacqueline is a former Children’s Laureate, and in 2008 she was appointed a Dame. Jacqueline is also a great reader, and has amassed over 20,000 books, along with her famous collection of silver rings. When the family arrive at Melchester they meet Miss French, the school secretary. On their first night at the school, they are invited to dinner at the residence of Mr. Wilberforce, the Headmaster, and his wife. Pearl and her parents are devastated. Newspapers claim Jodie committed suicide. They leave Melchester College to live in a flat in London, because they say that they would not be able to face Melchester College ever again. Before they move, Sharon reveals she is having a baby, meaning the pregnancy test was hers. Pearl is not keen at first but soon grows to love her new sister May, even using the book that Mrs Wilberforce gave her to write about the story of her and Jodie, so that May can read it when she is older. At the conclusion of the book, Pearl states that while she will be a good big sister to May, she'll never be as good as Jodie was to her.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment