276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Moon

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Forgotten the title or the author of a book? Our BookSleuth is specially designed for you. Visit BookSleuth

Portent by James Herbert | Goodreads Portent by James Herbert | Goodreads

James Herbert was Britain's number one bestselling writer (a position he held ever since publication of his first novel) and one of the world's top writers of thriller/horror fiction. I loved it this was the first James Herbert book I have read. Others say it is not that good but I differ it has a lot going for it. The epilogue indicates that one female rat survived the purge by being trapped in the basement of a grocery shop. There, it gives birth to a new litter, including a new white two-headed rat.This is a book of two halves. The first half I struggled to stay interested. Jon Childes is a man running from his past. A reluctant psychic who solved a murder case but resulted in divorce and publicity he did not want. So he now lives on a channel island teaching computer science at several schools. This has led him to repress and avoid his psychic ability. I'm sure I was a Labrador Retriever in a former life. I can tell by the way I eat dinner. Not a quote from the book; just an observation on my personal behaviour. But it’s not. Once again, the psychic visions are occurring. Once again, he’s made a connection with the mind of a vicious murderer. When this happened before, Childes was able to convince a police detective that he was for real, and together they caught the killer. The visions and the stress they caused were the cause of his marriage collapsing. This time, not only is he seeing what the murderer is doing, but the killer is aware of Childes, too. And he wants to hurt him. He is making his way closer and closer to Childes, hurting the people he cares about.

Moon by James Herbert | Waterstones

Pursuing the disgraced health minister past waves of entranced rats, Harris finds the abandoned house and enters it. He goes into the cellar and finds Foskins' corpse being devoured by rats of unusually great size. He kills them after a bloody battle and discovers the rats' alpha hidden in the shadows; a white, hairless and obese rat with two heads. Harris kills the creature with an axe in a fit of rage and leaves.This book is nothing like James Herbets normal style. This book is absolutely wonderful! In this tale we meet fluke! Fluke is a tiny puppy fresh into the world, but he's not like an ordinary puppy he's different. We then follow Fluke on his vast adventures and find out just what fluke is and why he was a puppy, and along the way we meet some really amazing characters as well as some really nutty ones too. Fluke es un perro que nos cuenta su historia desde el primer momento que tiene conciencia, al conocer otros animales se va dando cuenta que es más listo que el resto e incluso tiene memoria de otra vida, el antes era un ser humano, alguien que tenia familia y fue asesinado. Pues nada, comenzara un viaje en busca de su mujer e hijos, para intentar demostrarles que el era quien era. Nada es fácil y aun más si eres un perro que simplemente ladras o lloras. Now, almost three years since his relocation, and thirty-four-year-old Childes was finally feeling reasonably secure in his new life. After giving up a very prosperous career, Childes was now working as a freelance IT teacher for the handful of private schools located on the island. And it’s at the La Roche all-girls school where he had met with twenty-three-year-old French teacher Aimee Sebire, of whom he had slowly begun to build up a close relationship. A relationship that had taken a while to come to fruition solely because of Childes’ ingrained commitment issues. Bände in einem Band, 8°. Gebundene Ausgabe. Ehemaliges Büchereiexemplar mit den üblichen Signaturen, Einband mit Schutzfolie verstärkt, sonst jedoch gutes Exemplar. [BHN-E-2] Orig.-Pappband, Orig.-Umschlag,

The Fog by James Herbert | Goodreads The Fog by James Herbert | Goodreads

Lo que nos cuenta. En el libro Aullidos (publicación original: Fluke, 1977) conocemos a Fluke, un cachorro recién llegado al mundo y que comienza a interaccionar con su entorno. Mientras interpreta a su manera todos los eventos que lo rodean, poco a poco empieza a darse cuenta de que es más que un perro porque, sin la menor duda, antes fue un humano y además recuerda buena parte de su vida.Herbert became inspired to write The Rats in early 1972, while watching Tod Browning's Dracula; specifically, after seeing the scene in which Renfield describes his recurring nightmare about hordes of rats. Linking the film to childhood memories he had of rats in London's East End. This was my first book by James Herbert. I had heard or to be more precise read a lot about Herbert's skill as horror storyteller. Unsurprisingly I had some pretty high expectations from this book and which it failed to live up to. Herbert stated in later interviews that he wrote the book primarily as a pastime: "It seemed like a good idea at the time, I was as naive as that." [1] The manuscript was typed by Herbert's wife Eileen, who sent it off after nine months to nine different publishers. [1] Reception [ edit ]

Moon (Audio Download): James Herbert, Jonathan Keeble Moon (Audio Download): James Herbert, Jonathan Keeble

A great wee tale about a dog, Fluke, who used to be a human and his journey to understanding why he is now a dog. He had fled from the terrors of his past, finding refuge in the quietness of the island. And for a time he lived in peace. Until the "sightings" began, visions of horror seeping into his mind like poisonous tendrils, violent acts that were hideously macabre, the thoughts becoming intense. Jonathon Childes a pyschic is the main character and very believable. He sees the crimes being committed through the eyes of the person committing the murder and he is aware that this is two way thing putting people he loves in danger. However, with the barrage of unwanted publicity that followed, Childes found that he could no longer continue with his marriage, even for the sake of their young daughter Gabriel, and eventually fled to the Channel Islands to start up a new life for himself.He was one of our greatest popular novelists, whose books are sold in thirty-three other languages, including Russian and Chinese. Widely imitated and hugely influential, his 19 novels have sold more than 42 million copies worldwide. I first read this as a young teenager, but I only had the vaguest of recollections of it so it was love to revisit. It's a superb piece of observation, a moving tale of character and, paradoxically, humanity in the animal kingdom. Excellent writing, too:

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment