276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Joby GorillaPod Original Tripod - Charcoal

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

From then on, the transition to using the GorillaPod continued as I started to realize how its versatile design was way more useful than I imagined. Before, I would assume a small tripod barely over a foot tall wouldn’t ever be dependable because what if I was in a location that doesn’t have anything to mount it to. What I’ve come to realize is that this scenario happens far less than I thought it would. Yes, the trade-off with the GorillaPod versus a full-sized tripod is precise positioning; I can’t mount my camera five feet away from a fence, but I can mount it on the fence itself. Sometimes that might mean a less “perfect” composition, but honestly sometimes it benefits the composition in ways you didn’t realize when mounting to a fence wasn’t an option, such as introducing great sweeping leading lines to an image. With its flexible gripping legs, you can attach it to almost anything, meaning you can get those angles and perspectives that you just wouldn’t be able to get with a regular tripod. It also has a maximum payload of 3 kg, which is actually more than enough for a regular mirrorless camera and lens setup, particularly with mirrorless cameras being a lot lighter than DSLRs. It features a precise 360-degree pan and 90-degree tilt to get the camera at virtually any angle and switch between portrait and landscape with ease. Joby GorillaPod 3K Pro Kit Tripod Review: Design The Joby GorillaPod definitely isn’t for everyone, so if after reading this review you feel it doesn’t meet your needs, here are a few other options to consider. The other option is to just hold the GorillaPod itself with one hand while you are shooting. If you’re interested in vlog-style videos where you need to walk and talk with a camera facing you, this is a good way to achieve more reach away from your body for more comfortable framing. Again, the BallHead 5K helps here because you can stretch the GorillaPod further out and then rely on the angle-set ballhead to bring up the camera so it’s level.

GorillaPod | Joby GorillaPod | Joby

If you own a small point and shoot camera weighing under 325g (11.5oz), you can choose from the awesome GorillaPod Magnetic Mini Also, after being exposed to extreme elements all around the world, the rubber around the segments are starting to disintegrate. If you are looking to shoot killer video footage of crazy sports or smooth panning b-roll, then the GorillaPod Video PRO models with their award winning fluid dampened Video Head are the perfect addition to your tool kit. Select from either the GorillaPod 3K Video PROis ideal for small mirrorless, action and larger point and shoot cameras weighing up to 500g (1.1 pounds). Have a look at our phone tripods

Best Joby GorillaPod | An In-Depth Review - Shotkit

Have two of the earlier versions and love them. But the only thing I don't like is that the thread that mounts onto the bottom of a camera - or in my case, to a Wescott Ice Light II - is either too short, too wide, or some other kind of imperfectly shaped. It doesn't hold them securely. I don't have this issue with my lumapro light stands. You can also get a separate mount to attach your phone to the GorillaPod, opening up possibilities for other content creators too, not just photographers and videographers. Joby GorillaPod 3K Pro Kit Tripod Review: Functionality More and more I’ve just been going out with the GorillaPod 5K Kit and leaving my full-sized tripod at home. In turn this also means I don’t have to carry my larger camera bag that has proper tripod carrying support and I can just throw the GorillaPod pretty much anywhere in a smaller bag. Each absolutely has their own purpose, but I’m discovering that many times where I thought I needed to bring the bigger tripod were actually in situations where the GorillaPod would suffice. What I Liked It’s the perfect solution for photographers and vloggers on the go and weighing in at only 463 g it’s ideal for traveling and it will easily fit in a suitcase as it's only 30 cm long.For such a small tripod, it’s surprisingly sturdy. It’s designed for premium mirrorless cameras, and it can hold up to 3 kg of weight, which is more than enough to hold the weight of a full-frame mirrorless camera with even a long and heavy telephoto lens. In many instances, it’s just a case of doing a balancing act by distributing the weight evenly so it doesn’t topple over. Another great travel tripod worth considering is the VANGUARD VEO 3GO 235CB Travel Tripod. It’s very light at 1.2kg and still has an adequate payload, more than enough for a DSLR and a host of different lenses. Designed for Premium Mirrorless camera kits up to 6.6lbs (3kg) our new award winning Metal construction is the choice for you. Stepping up to the biggest size, the GorillaPod 5K The legs of the tripod can take a little extra time to get positioned exactly how you want them because of their stiffness. However, would you really want them to be any looser and less grabby? The main selling point of this tripod, though, is the flexibility of the legs. This allows the tripod to wrap around and grip onto pretty much anything, anywhere, making it an extremely versatile tripod capable of things that full-size tripods cannot do. This, coupled with the 360° pan and 90° tilt, means you can get the camera into basically any position and angle. This is not only great for photographers who want to get those unusual, hard-to-get shots, but this design feature makes it a fantastic tripod for vloggers and videographers, too.

Joby JB01505-BWW GorillaPod 325 Tripod for Camera - Black

is the ultimate flexible set-up for the creator using a Premium Mirrorless set-up and wanting to add a Light, Microphone or other accessory (up to 6.6lbs/3kg) to enhance their content. If the kit is creeping up in size and weight, up to 11lbs or 5kg, then the classic GorillaPod Rig

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment