276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul on Tough Stuff: Stories of Tough Times and Lessons Learned

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The following story about learning to be yourself was one of the inspirational stories from the book. The original story, found in the book, was written by Brianne Monett. I have taken bits & pieces of it to share with you. Enjoy! “If you don’t control your mind, someone else will.”– John Allston Now, today’s parents and grandparents can provide a new generation of teenagers with the same guidance, comfort, and inspiration the previous generation enjoyed, with stories that are up to date and relevant to their lives. Despite the pain I felt that day, it was a gift they had given me. They opened my eyes. The things that they said about me were true. I was just following, trying desperately to fit in.

I began listening to the music she listened to, wearing the clothes she wore. I quit reading and started watching TV programs Ashley watched. I even tailored my sophomore year schedule to her interests. I told her my day had not been so great. She said she was sorry and offered to walk me outside. At that moment I realized how wrong I was in wanting to only be friends with popular people. Those people weren’t even going to consider being my friends, but there were some people who I’d already met today and liked and they liked me. Maybe I shouldn’t decide whether a person is worthy of being my friend or not by their reputation, but by who they are. I said, “Thanks, I’d like that. I’m sorry I was kind of rude this morning.” She said it was okay, she was new at school once too. Walking with Diane made me realize how nice it would be to have a friend like her. On the way to class she asked me if I wanted to go out after school to hang out with some of her friends and get to know them better. I did go out with Diane and had a lot of fun. Also, many of them are unrealistic; they seem to go on and on about how everything has a happy ending. But that's just not the case... In my opinion, it's giving teenagers the wrong idea about success.I haven’t read many anthologies in the past so I was quite eagre to have a reason to be able to read one! I defiantly underestimated how good anthologies are as they are short stories put in a collection, which are usually categorised. The mass effect of all the stories put together gave me a stronger message to take in and remember. During teenage growing process is like a flower. It grows very little when the weather is giving it hard time. It grows dramatically when weather is well fit for the plant. Every teenager circled whole global has happy, sad, quiet, ect moment. Moreover, teenage can be counted as one of hard time people go across because of becoming mature. As time went on I made friends with lots of different people, some from “the popular crowd” and some not. My standards were different though. The people I sought out for friends were the nice ones—period. (p. 311-313) Lena's parents are getting a divorce. Lena's friends have told her they are leaving her because she hasn't changed. Lena also doesn't feel pretty. Lena is going through a hard time both at school and at home. She doesn't have anyone to talk to about it. Choose a theme in your book and compare to any piece of literature we have read in class. What is similar? What is different? What have you learned about the human experience? (7-10 sentences)

The same type of thing happened all day in all of my classes. At lunch, I ended up sitting by myself because I had snubbed people who had been nice to me and I had been snubbed by people who I tried to be nice to. I didn’t realize it then, but I had been really shallow just wanting to be friends with popular people. I followed them around, laughing when they told jokes, agreeing when they had opinions – most enthusiastically at the ones I disagreed with. I didn’t say much. I wouldn’t want them to think I was being rude by disagreeing. This continued for several months. Canfield's most recent book, The Success Principles (2005), shares 64 principles that he claims can make people more successful. In 2006, he appeared in the DVD, "The Secret," and shared his insights on the Law of Attraction and tips for achieving success in personal and professional life. Growing up is not easy. There are times when we find that adolescence challenges us the most. We become confused with our roles, our identities, and sometimes comes a point when we break our relationships with people around us, and worse, our relationship with our own selves. Interesting:I liked how even though i havent been abused or done drugs i know all the consequences that could follow and i could feel their pain.This book is same as other Chiken Soup books with different people written and edit by different authors. Teenagers with thoughtful mind writting down every bit moment happened during teenage. The stories' theme is mostly on life, love and learning. What best about these books is that it contains different genre; poem, fiction, list, and comic. Also, some of the stories are very touching and your feeling is changing by what the words are told. The introduction of the book explains that the books can be read straight through or can be used as a guide book, depending on what issue the reader is going through. I loved how this novel consists of stories told by the people who actually lived them. You can feel the honesty they’ve written it down with, the feelings they poured into their words. With all the different stories, you just know that they’re all feel unique too and I loved that.

Adolescence tests our character – our strengths and weaknesses. We hope that this book will help or has helped us come out of it alive and whole. It didn’t bother me exactly, but I know that there are people who would definitely not cope with certain of these stories and they wouldn’t be warned up front. If I had not been given the chance to realize it, I might have been too concerned with “fitting in” to experience some of the best times of my life.” Inspirational Stories for Teens

In our teenage years, we had to deal with several pressures – peer and society, family, school, career, relationships – and the greatest challenge posed before us is to triumph against temptations, i.e. to cross the adolescence bridge successfully. When we started school again, Ashley introduced me to her group of friends, the “cool girls.” She was the leader of their group; I would hang out with them on lunch breaks and take classes they were in. I would tag along to football games, and I joined the art club after school so I could hang out with them even more. It is like passing through the eye of a needle, as others may say. And requires responsibility and accountability on the part of family and society. This is a book you will read and reread, sharing your favorite stories with one another over and over again.

I thought about that question for a long time and about how God doesn’t make junk. Who was I going to believe? I chose to believe my wife and God. (p. 315) The teenage years are when kids discover who they really are and define how the world sees them. It’s the time when they start to feel empowered, recognize their strengths, and become more mature about relationships with family and friends, learning how to be compassionate, forgiving, and open-minded. This is the time when they plan for their futures, try out working, and become more independent. This is also the time that they recognize that tough stuff happens, too, to themselves and the people they care about. She went through a lot of changes over the next month. She bought new clothes – the ones she wanted to wear. She dropped her art class & joined theatre. She made new friends who liked her for her. She “ never again just followed the crowd.” She just follows you around trying to be you. She copies you; she doesn’t have a personality of own.” another girl said.I can't take this anymore. All the fighting . . . it's always there. . . ." His voice had trailed off, lost in painful thought. "All I have to do is pull the trigger, and it will be over." I had brought this anthology many years ago and I have never got around to finishing it, so I decided to finish it. This anthology had also been recommended to me by my pervious teachers and it was been such an inspirational and delightful anthology to read. Ashley agreed, but to make it worse, she said, “I know, I wish she would leave us alone. We were in summer school together and now she thinks we’re best friends or something. Get a life.” Lena needs her friends to help her get through her parent's divorce, but they left her. In turn, Lena needs her parent's support over losing her friends, but they are getting a divorce. Lena feels alone. I’ve always heard stories about how parenting today’s teens are “a dreaded few years,” but I’m here to tell you that it’s just not true. On the contrary, the preteen & teen years are wonderful, and parenting a teenager is like a reward for putting in the time & energy when our children are younger.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment