276°
Posted 20 hours ago

LEGO SpongeBob Squarepants: 3825:The Krusty Krab

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Do you have plansto submit any otherProduct Ideasin the future?If yes, can you give us a hint of what that might be? Out of all the SpongeBob LEGO sets, our favourite is the Bikini Bottom Undersea Party. It’s really good fun to build, play with, includes 5 minifigures, and many other fantastic items (totalling 471 pieces). Let us know your favourite set in the comments section below, which do you already own? Better still, can you fully replicate Bikini Bottom? Tags LEGO doors and windows only come at different fixed sizes, so I also had to scale every furniture based on them. Coupled with the 3,000 parts limit, it was a real headache. As for a tip, I’d say is to be genuine and passionate about your idea. No matter what the subject/idea is, it will really show through in the way you build/present your Product Idea and it’s a lot more compelling for people to support your project.

Throughout the building process, I had to keep on shrinking everything down, and then some. The size eventually got so tight, that if I were to change one thing I would have to make massive sacrifices to another part. An example of a furniture that suffered the most from the scaling would be the boat where the cash register is. As fun a challenge it was, it was for sure a challenge! The Krusty Krab isn’t your typical LEGO house. With a curved roof and arches, netted flags and the works it was all very difficult to recreate! Lots of time was spent on the roof mostly. But I took my time with the model and it came out just how I’d imagined it.Like with all my builds, I first built the model in LEGO Digital Designer. However LDD is a bit outdated, so I then move it to Stud.io to add any newer released parts and fix it up to finalize for the renders which were done on Blender. I was attracted to this platform 3 years ago exclusively for the contests, and still do, but have since opened up to the world of Product Ideas and it’s been amazing looking at what ideas fellow builders have created plus also being able to submit my own idea and being able to support/interact with each other. Not to mention all the other good stuff the platform has in store. If you could talk to yourself before you started on this project, what would you tell him? What do you know now that you wish you knew then?

What is it about the platform that attracts you? What tips would yougive to anyone who is thinking about uploading an idea? So many to name! Throughout my LEGO Ideas journey, I’ve met so many great talented friends all with amazing builds of their own! One that comes to mind is ExeSandbox, who made a previous Krusty Krab model on LEGO Ideas! That definitely inspired the work on my own rendition of the building. My favourite part are the ship doors on the inside. It has a curved shape, a round window, and also has to be able to open/close. That was something that went through the most trial and error, especially because I had to scale down the interior so many times. One time when they were still too big and shrinking them seemed impossible.

Popular Categories

There were so many challenges I had to face that I consider this to be the most difficult model I’ve ever built. The biggest challenge was the size of the furniture/objects. They were always too big, and I constantly had to shrink them down, and doing so would mean compromising on detail and accuracy. What is your favourite LEGO IdeasProduct Idea(besides your own of course)?Are there any Product Ideas you think have been overlooked? Is there a LEGO designer (official LEGO designer or fan designer) who you are inspired by and look up to? Who and why? My favorite so far has to be “ Workshop in the Woods” by LEGOTREE. It’s so well built and I absolutely love the vibe and aesthetics. At the time of writing this, the project doesn’t seem to be that popular, so if you’re reading this, give that Product Idea some love, it’s truly beautiful. Have you created anyLEGO MOCs (my own creations) that you’re particularly proud of? What is it, why are you proudit and do you have a photo of it?

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment