276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Empire: Enter the battlefields of Ancient Greece in the epic new novel from the multi-million copy bestseller (The Golden Age Book 2)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The 103 third parties who use cookies on this service do so for their purposes of displaying and measuring personalized ads, generating audience insights, and developing and improving products. This is quite a battle-heavy book, and admittedly there were a few moments where the pacing felt a bit sluggish due to its constant exposure to battle and war, but I have to say that I enjoyed reading this book regardless. Applicability of cancellation rights: Legal rights of cancellation under the Distance Selling Regulations available for UK or EU consumers do not apply to certain products and services. This marvellous book is the 2nd and last part of the 2-set series about the Greeks, and mainly featuring Athens and Sparta.

She is so happy and it has calmed her down, she has been so hyper and anxious the last few days, but your magic has worked wonders.When the old enemy, Sparta suffers a devastating earthquake, Athens offers help in the shape of ships bearing food, carpenters and stonemasons, all these will be needed to rebuild the city and provide homes for it’s citizens, but when Cimon and his men arrive, they are turned away, plus all the wagons of aid. The first book in his new Athenian series, The Gates of Athens, was a Sunday Times top five bestseller.

My only complaint is that so many of these great leaders and names have sadly departed for the rewards of the Elysian Fiields, but I’m sure that other heroes will emerge. It's a carefully constructed and convincing portrayal of the mindsets of the opposing leaders, an impressive achievement since, although these societies have elements in common with our own, they are, nonetheless, very different. And even after the city itself is taken and Julius, Brutus, Mark Antony and Octavian re-enter in triumph, there are many battles left to fight. That way I get a better appreciation of history because I have been stimulated to improve my knowledge. From the spectacles of the arena to the whispered lies of conspirators, author Conn Iggulden brings to life a world marked by fierce loyalty and bitter betrayal, with dark events shrouded in noble ideals.But as Rome is thrust into the grip of bitter conflict, as every Roman prepares to take sides in the coming battle, Gaius and Marcus’s friendship will be put to the ultimate test. Having already taken on Julius Caesar, Genghis Khan, and the War of the Roses, Iggulden successfully dramatizes the life of Dunstan, Abbot of Glastonbury and confidant of King Aethelstan, the grandson of Alfred the Great. Now when I go in they make suggestions of books they think I may enjoy and even keep books to one side for me if I'm not about for a day or two. Although it simplified the actual history somewhat, as the author tells us himself in the notes at the end, it’s still a really good read.

There are not many moments in history when the death of a single man changed the entire world… If he had lived, there would have been no Elizabethan age, no British Empire, no Renaissance, perhaps no Industrial Revolution.Genghis: Birth of an Empire is a stunning piece of historical fiction that tells a gripping story about survival and a legendary figure’s rise to power. He took a few liberties with Caesar’s life, but then he probable did with Genghis Khan and did with the Wars of the Roses series too. And for both, the love of an extraordinary slave girl will be an honor each will covet but only one will win.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment