276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Lucifer 1

£10.125£20.25Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

In some ways, this makes him the most disadvantaged, though not the weakest, of the higher angelic host. At some points throughout the story you see Lucifer as the hero, but you are quickly reminded why he is not. Lucifer began as a spin-off from Neil Gaiman's Sandman comic and though it has a similar otherwordly fairytale quality it stands on its own as a brilliant piece of storytelling.

The stories of Lucifer don't even feature him very much, only having him plot and plan in the background (mostly) whilst others do his dirty work for him, only to sweep in at the end and reveal his perfectly concocted schemes and 'save' the day. While not the first time I have read this graphic novel, it was long enough ago that I did not remember all of it. Lucifer is an arrogant, merciless, manipulative (though scrupulously honest,) sociopath who nonetheless requires no suspension of disbelief for how he's able to string lesser beings along in his wake simply through the force of his personality, seldom even needing to draw on his powers to do so. Our mission is to foster a universal passion for reading by partnering with authors to help create stories and communicate ideas that inform, entertain, and inspire. Glen Duncan was staying in Clerkenwell with Stephen Coates of The Real Tuesday Weld while writing the novel, and so "the book and record grew up together".Like Sandman, Lucifer isn't always the star of each story, sometimes only playing a minor character. In I, Lucifer, God presents the devil with a chance of redemption by living a somewhat sinless life in a human body. Lucifer made his live-action debut when Swedish actor Peter Stormare portrayed him in the film Constantine (2005), while an alternate version was portrayed by Welsh actor Tom Ellis in the Fox/ Netflix series Lucifer (2016–2021) and the Arrowverse crossover Crisis on Infinite Earths (2020). The first volume introduces this incarnation of Lucifer in his current role, as well as several of the other characters that populate his world.

He is never without the formidable resources of his brilliant intellect and his unbending will or inner strength, which allowed him to defy and confront his Father, as well as many other formidable opponents, without fear or doubt. The Fourth Rail said of his work, "Carey gives the characters in all of the stories believable motivations and characterization.Not only did I actually feel like visiting old places and characters without feeling odd, it also had me hooked from the first pages. He is the author of the acclaimed Vertigo series THE UNWRITTEN, and recently published the original graphic novel THE UNWRITTEN: TOMMY TAYLOR AND THE SHIP THAT SANK TWICE. Comics International"Mike Carey's Lucifer is even more manipulative, charming and dangerous than I ever could have hoped. Raphael tells him the world is going to end so there’s no choice but to gain redemption from rebelling against God and be accepted back into heaven.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment