276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Wilkinson Sword Shaving Soap Bowl 125g

£7.5£15.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Overall this is a decent soap, but until the scent is improved it probably won't make it to my regular rotation and I probably won't re-buy it when it's used up. Too many other products out there that delivery on both scent and performance. Plus, if you like to save a few coins every now and then, shaving soap can be great value for money. A traditional, hard soap will give you many months of use — some even last up a year! How to lather up shaving soap

In some cases, gels may be built into other shaving products. For example, the Wilkinson Sword Hydro range includes a number of razors which feature gel pools which release shaving gel to create a protective lubricating layer over the skin while you shave. Shaving gels can be a great option for those of us particularly keen on avoiding the impact a harsh shave can have on sensitive skin, but might not be as rich and moisturising as a shaving cream. It can get confusing though, looking at all of the different product names and bottles. They all have a similar core function; they lubricate your skin so that your razor can slide easily over it. But how can you tell which product is right for you? Well the truth is you won’t really know until you try, but it’s important to start with the basics so you know what to look out for. Shaving Soap I have used this soap, it lathers up very well, gives good protection during the shave, and has a wonderful scent during the process. Value for money. Excellent. Some people have reported this soap dries out their skin. I've never noticed this with any soap or cream, however I nearly always finish up with an aftershave balm.Its a softer soap, not hard milled. The scent reminds me of Lynx / Axe Africa shower gel. Pleasant, fresh and clean. I've used it for the last couple of days with my favourite razor - an English Tech with a Derby blade - and my 404 Vulifix brush. I must say the results are pretty damn good. I could definitely use this every day if it was the only soap I could get. I might get a little bored with the monotony but the shaves would be OK (besides I spent 4 years slapping gel on my face and this would be far better than that). To start with, I have been wetshaving for over 15 years and have used nearly 50 different soaps and screams at every price range. It might have a rather unique name, but blooming the soap simply means to add a little hot water to it and allow it to soak. Just hold your soap bowl under the warm tap and let a small puddle form on the surface. Leave this water to soak into the soap for around 15 minutes. If you’re a beginner to the world of traditional wet shaving, it might take you a few attempts before you find the perfect consistency. Remember, practice makes perfect! Load up your brush

I'm usually more of a cream fan but this will definitely be in my regular rotation, at home and away. There is a subtle scent. It doesn't remind me of anything but like others I think the scent beats that of Wilko's other soap. Look out for shaving creams which have quality natural ingredients which benefit dry and delicate skin, such as aloe vera, shea butter and Vitamin E. These can help to prevent your skin becoming irritated while you shave, and leave it soothed and soft. Many shaving creams, such as Wilkinson Sword’s Hydro 5 Sense Hydrate Shave Cream , are specially formulated for sensitive skin. Shaving Gel But what do you do with all that soap? To dry out your shaving soap, simply leave the top off for a couple of days to allow it to return to a dry state. If you forget to leave the lid off and close it whilst wet, it can be difficult to open again next time. Where the soap loses a lot of points is in the scent department. It has a strong scent of both laundry detergent and cheap drugstore cologne. If it were possible for WS to improve the scent, this would be a much better soap. It might even be advisable to forgo scent entirely and just make this a mild unscented soap.And here’s where it gets even more fun. Once you’ve scooped up a brushful of soap lather, transfer it into a shaving bowl or, if you’re a more experienced shaver, you can put it directly onto your face. Then, it’s time to swirl your brush around inside the bowl until you reach a good, light consistency. At this point, you might feel like you’re whipping up cake batter rather than shaving soap… Using a shaving brush is important for this kind of shave, as it works to lift up the hairs and transfers moisture to your skin. It is possible to use your hands or a cloth to lather up the soap, but this would be more difficult and the finished result may not be as good. Cleaning your soap and brush post-shave good , took while to get used to but eventually figured how to get a good lather , the bowl is very good though , am new enough to the de shave scene, It’s good practice to take care of your shaving soap and brush, since this will help them to last longer. First things first, time to wet your shaving brush . If you’re using a brush with natural bristles, you’ll need to give it a good soak. Pop your brush in a warm bowl or cup filled with water just covering the bristles and allow it to sit there for a few minutes. If your brush has synthetic bristles, you just need to wet it rather than soak. This step is important for ensuring the bristles soak up and maintain some of that moisture. Bloom the soap (optional)

The main problem with a shaving soap is that for the very best results you do need a brush, and something to mix the soap in. Many people simply do not want to be bothered with the hassle of doing that every time they want a shave. A good shaving soap will never be drying, and will leave your skin feeling brightened and refreshed. However, it is usually slightly less moisturising than a shaving cream or gel, so it is usually best suited to oily or normal skin types. Complete your shave with a vintage style cut throat or double edge razor for a really classic feel. Shaving Cream Shaving cream, unsurprisingly, tends to have the creamiest and richest texture when compared to other shaving products. It’s extremely moisturising and leaves your skin feeling soft and hydrated. Shaving creams are generally suitable for any skin type, but are especially beneficial for those of us who experience more sensitivity and dryness. We also have a helpful guide on shaving creams for sensitive skin. Whilst taking a shower soak your shaving brush in hot water. When you are finished your shower both your stubble and brush will be ready for a shave! With many men taking a much more active interest in their grooming routines, and indulging a bit more in small acts of self-care, we’re paying more attention to the products we use to shave than ever before. A great shave can be uplifting, refreshing and confidence-boosting, and it makes sense that we want products which help us reap those benefits.If you suffer from sensitive or dry skin, switching to shaving soap could be the solution you’re looking for. The rich, creamy lather produced by these soaps offers extra protection from cuts and burns. This deeper lather also helps to keep your skin moisturised and hydrated, even after you’ve finished shaving. If you’re going to use shaving soap, you need to do it properly. It also helps to have a good quality shaving soap and bowl . Wet the brush

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment