276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Shrine: Now a Major Film Called The Unholy – the Novel Is Even More Terrifying

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Overall, I found the book both entertaining and suspenseful, and there were times when I think I felt a little scared. Przed Wami groza nastrojowa, która umiejętnie buduje napięcie, podbija stawki i zabiera czytelników prosto w mrok króliczej nory. He relentlessly draws the reader through the story's ultimate revelation - one that will stay to chill the mind long after the book has been laid aside.

There were some true believers out there, but there were also plenty of people just out to make a quick buck, and there were some amusing little incidents when the two groups came together. There are indeed lots of differences to the movie and in that sense I think the book is obviously superior, although not superior enough to be really good.The first thing you need to know about this book is that it is one of James Herberts' longer and wordier books. He has an analytical approach to human nature and his characters have flaws that make them more real. SPOILER) I liked the story behind the nun's revenge, though the actual revenge itself was quite a let-down regardless if it was completed or not. When Fenn takes the girl to the church, he learn from the local priest that the girl wouldn't be able to say anything since she is deaf and also unable to speak.

It felt so cheap considering everything I saw the characters go through but the players are bigger than life.In this sense, we’re ultimately talking about a plot pretty much involving demonic possession and a mass misguided belief and far little else. A one-off, a true horror original’ Peter James --This text refers to an alternate kindle_edition edition. The 103 third parties who use cookies on this service do so for their purposes of displaying and measuring personalized ads, generating audience insights, and developing and improving products. The female characters are your typical 'women who appear in horror novels written by men' meaning they are objectified, naive 'damsels in distress' who have absolutely no agency.

But all is not as it seems and there is an evil lurking underneath it all ready to exact its terrible revenge.

I wanted to read The Fog and Rats but I stumbled upon this hidden gem and realized that the 2021 movie , The Unholy, was based off this.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment