276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Complete Book of the Flower Fairies

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

All in poetry form, with the paintings as fresh as they day were were completed, a clear index provided for favourites to be quickly found, this is a perfect choice for all ages to share and enjoy.

Since the publication of Cicely Mary Barker’s first book in 1923, the Flower Fairies have been ethereal companions to generations of readers around the world. As a child she was influenced by the works of the illustrator Kate Greenaway, whom she assiduously copied in her formative years. The interior still includes all of the well-loved illustrations and poems from Barker's eight original books, as well as a selection of fairy rhymes. What a wonderful way to learn about the Lady's Smock, Colt's Foot and Celandine, the Primrose and the Dandelion, the Dog Violet and the Daffodil.We have the smaller book of flower fairies for Spring - this book is a big heavy book including all of the seasons, hedgerows, trees, meadows. She found international acclaim as an artist with her delightful Flower Fairies books the first of which, Flower Fairies of the Spring , was printed in 1923.

I had an early copy of Mary Barker's Book of the Flower fairies which I bought for my Mum years ago. Yet this larger book size chose not to display in kind, and instead opted to place multiple fairies (out of frame occasionaly) with their poems on a single page.If someone is interested in seeing/purchasing these pictures of this collection (without the poems) should go to http://www.

If I'm being honest, some of the poems are better than others, but I love the whole concept so much and the art is always five stars in my book.

I first saw this lady's work as a child and learnt the names of many flowers, trees and shrubs from them. This book was also another reread, but it felt very much like a new book to me, because it had been so long since I actually read through some of the poems! To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. There were also several other memorable poems (for very different reasons though) such as: Traveller’s Joy, which sounds kind of ridiculous when read aloud, but this did elicit a lot of giggles from us; "Toadflax" sounds like a Harry Potter-esque swear word; and the Nightshade Berry fairy is straight up trying to murder children with his berries!

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment