276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Giffard Creme De Mure Liqueur 70 cl

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

What does creme de mure taste like? This liqueur is powerful and layered: fruity, rich, bold, sweet, bright, and jammy all at once. This is an ideal liqueur to make in February or March (if you’re in theNorthern Hemisphere), when the weather starts to gift you a really warm day every now and then and really makes you yearn for spring. I love to make a couple batches of this Crème de Mûre recipe in late February, that way it’s ready for me to drink on the better days in April!

Quick Guide to Creme de Mure – A Couple Cooks

The sugar in this recipe helps bring out the juice of the berries, and helps add a touch of sweetness to the recipe so it isn’t too tart.What other drinks can you make with creme de mure? Sip it as a shot, substitute it for Chambord in a French Martini or Chambord and Champagne. As for storing your liqueur, you can choose whether to refrigerate or not. Some people refrigerate their liqueurs and some store at room temperature. I personally store mine at room temperature. We almost always use them up within six months to a year, so we feel fine storing them in our liquor cabinet. More Homemade Liqueurs I make a lot of gifts to give to friends for the holidays and the one they always clamor for is my liqueur du jour; people LOVE homemade gifts and this one would be extra special!

Creme De Mure Cocktails to Make Your Taste Buds Melt! 6 Creme De Mure Cocktails to Make Your Taste Buds Melt!

You can either buy Creme de Mure (often quite cheap and also good quality) but why not make it yourself?

There is a lot of different variations on the recipes to make Creme de Mure where some use vodka or gin and some use wine (often a sweet wine like Merlot or similar). Some recipes also add a dash of Cognac, Armagnac or Brandy. My version takes a little bit of everything and use Port Wine instead of wine or a dash of cognac and I think it adds a little more depth to the Creme de Mure than if you are only using vodka or wine. This one? Totally different. I researched several recipes and it seems there is a tossup between using brandy or red wine. I chose the wine. Mostly because I imagine that wine and berries would taste amazing but also because I thought it would produce a deep, rich color and I was right. Allulose is the best option for your sugar free sweetener here, but it is slightly less sweet than sugar. We use 1 & ⅓ cups to equate to 1 cup of sugar. Just keep this in mind if you decide to use another sweetener. You can use anything you want instead, but just be aware that it might crystallize if it's not allulose. What ABV is crème de mûre? It is 17% ABV (alcohol by volume), so it has a relatively low alcohol level, similar to most sweet liqueurs.

Bramble Cocktail – A Couple Cooks Classic Bramble Cocktail – A Couple Cooks

My testing included two passes through muslin before I saw a totally clear product. I highly recommend the use of butter muslin, most often used for cheese-making. It has a much finer weave than the typical cheesecloth you can obtain more easily and will strain out the solids more effectively. Most of the liqueurs I’ve made have three major components; vodka, sugar, and fruit. Limoncello is made just from the rind, vodka and sugar, and the cranberry liqueur is made combining chopped berries with vodka and sugar. This is very easy to make and not what I would consider time consuming but there is a time element involved. After the berries are blended, they have to be passed through a strainer and also through muslin to get rid of both the seeds and any solids. Some recipes use Creme De Mure as the star ingredient, while others use it as a subtle addition to enhance the overall flavor profile. Add simple syrup to taste. You will want a liquor that have different layers of sweet, tart, bold and rich.Can’t find crème de mûre for the Bramble? Or don’t want to buy a whole new bottle for your liquor cabinet? That’s ok too. Here are a few possible substitutes for crème de mûre: Gin Sour or Gin Fizz The bottom portion of the Bramble is essentially a gin sour! It’s made with lemon, gin and simple syrup. Turn it into a Fizz by adding an egg white foam topping. The berries are mashed or blended (I blended mine) and mixed with wine, vodka, and sugar and it’s ready within days. Or minutes; even though a bit of time to let it all meld only makes it better.

The Bramble Cocktail Recipe With Gin and Blackberry The Bramble Cocktail Recipe With Gin and Blackberry

We're unable to give any information about the alcohol content in this liqueur. We image it's similar to any store bought version, but we can't make any guarantees.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment