276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Bosch Home and Garden router POF 1200 AE (1200 W, in carton packaging)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The dust extraction port works well but you’ll need an existing vacuum and pipework to set it all up properly. This is probably only going to be worth it if you plan to do a lot of routing in the future. But then it does make a hell of a mess.

The RP0900X router from the Makita Corporation is the Japanese company's entry-level plunge router. Like all Makita tools, the basic router is a solidly-built machine which has been precision engineered and built to the highest of standards. It is a 1/4-inch router that is lightweight, easy to control and provides a smooth output. Like most 1/4-inch routers, it is easier to use than 1/2-inch routers but even more so given its small size and low weight. Plunge travel on the Makita RP0900X is also a paltry 35mm which is at the low end of the scale. However, this correlates with the low power of the router and emphasises the lighter routing and more detailed work that this machine is designed for. Accordingly, the Makita RP0900X router is one of the lightest plunge routers on the market with a weight of only 2.7kg, providing the main reason why it easier to handle than most other standard routers.

More Views

My first ever router. After watching many howto's on YouTube, I decided to go for it. Excellent router. I made a mirror to fit the side of my wardrobe project and I am pleased with the result. Only slight disappointment is that Bosch does not provide a hose for dust collection, but apart from that I am extremely pleased with the finished results."

With a weight of 5.6 kg, it's heavy enough to be stable but not so heavy that it's tiring to operate. This is an excellent router to use if you are learning woodworking; the weight is about where it should be for a 1600 Watt router. Like other ½ inch routers, it comes with both ¼ and ½ inch collets so that one can use either size of bit. The ability to use both bit sizes is convenient.However, the good news stops there. The build of the machine is not up to the standard of competitor professional machines, with reports that some of the plastic controls can break off if they are not handled with great care. The plunge mechanism can also be a little temperamental, jamming if pressure is not applied evenly across the router when plunging. The Hikoki (originally Hitachi) M12VE is a well-built 1/2” wood router that houses a powerful 2000W motor with variable speed control that runs spindle rotation anywhere from 8000 RPM up to 22,000 RPM. The router comes with collets for both 1/4” and 1/2” bit shanks permitting a wide selection of router bits to be used with this Hikoki router. The power of an electric router (given in Watts) goes hand-in-hand with the maximum size of router bit that it is able to accept and the maximum depth of cut the power router is able to make. Typically, routers with wattages of less than 1500W will not accept the bigger router bits that have a 1/2-inch shank. These lower powered routers are for lighter work and more precision cutting. Routers that accept 1/2-inch-shanked router bits will have enough power to handle just about anything you can throw at them. Router-Table Compatibility I’d like to get this off my chest to begin with: I’m not a professional woodworker, nor am I the world’s most competent DIYer. But I do have several friends with workshops and they are always willing to help me make less of a mess. The RP0900X router is also a relatively low-powered router using only a 900W electric motor to power a single rotational speed of 27,000rpm. It comes with a collet for 1/4-inch router bits but can also accept a 3/8-inch collet. However, the usefulness of the larger collet size is debatable given that router bits with this shank size are not particularly common. Importantly, the Makita router will not accept a 1/2-inch collet or 1/2-inch router bits, nor does it have the power to run these larger bits effectively. So anyone planning to use this Makita machine for heavier routing, such as cutting kitchen worktops or similar, should look elsewhere.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment