276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Healing the Fragmented Selves of Trauma Survivors: Overcoming Internal Self-Alienation

£16.495£32.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

This book is truly enlightening. It brings an original view on trauma and what happens inside. The more I read and the more I identified with the author's ideas. I've been struggling with my demons for a long time and this book gave me hope that there is something I can do to improve the situation. Written by one of the preeminent experts in the field of trauma and dissociation, Healing the Fragmented Selves of Trauma Survivors imparts a vision of hope and validation to those suffering from complex trauma and the therapists who treat them. Janina Fisher's exceptional ability to synthesize the best of cutting edge trauma psychotherapies has resulted in a brilliant and unique roadmap for resolving chronic traumatization. Written with heart, clarity, and precision, this accessible and practical book is an outstanding contribution to the field." The hotel is close to Gloucester Road station and within a mile of Kensington Palace, Hyde Park and Trauma (PTSD) can have a deep effect on the body, rewiring the nervous system — but the brain remains flexible, and healing is possible. READ MORE

Healing the Fragmented Selves of Trauma Survivors: Overcoming Healing the Fragmented Selves of Trauma Survivors: Overcoming

Unfortunately, many people dealing with the after-effects of a traumatic childhood have summoned up the courage necessary to start a course of therapy, only to be forced to stop because confronting their repressed, or partially repressed, memories caused a breakdown or personal crisis that made it impossible to continue. This beautifully written, sensitive volume on how to treat the clients that many deem hopeless is a must read for those working with trauma. It will take you to new places and enable you to reach for your clients and find them when they cannot find themselves. Enjoy!" It will take you to new places and enable you to reach for your clients and find them when they cannot find themselves. Enjoy!" Fisher describes both the new, improved model for trauma therapy and the process by which it came about, which is itself a fascinating story.

Customer reviews

If depersonalization is keeping you from the life you love, then here’s some good news: It's highly treatable. From therapy to self-care, here are… READ MORE Not a self-help book but rather aimed at mental health providers. This was recommended to me by my therapist so I could understand the concept of internal self-alienation and strategies to mitigate. The title is very gnarly, but the concepts in the book are relevant both to folks who have experienced intense / disturbing trauma as well as to folks who might be dealing with a more garden variety kind of trauma caused by an emotionally fraught childhood home life. The path to healing, Fisher explains, is found in genuine self-love — in the desire to care for each part of your personality. TIST is designed for very complex, difficult-to-treat clients; the ones therapists often feel overwhelmed by, and refer to other therapists. Trauma and the Body: A Sensorimotor Approach to Psychotherapy by Kekuni Minton, Pat Ogden, Clare Pain

Healing the Fragmented Selves of Trauma Survivors - WHSmith

Janina Fisher’s unique blending of IFS ‘parts’ with sensorimotor and mindfulness-based therapy is a terrific enhancement to psychodynamic work. Although grounded in structural dissociation theory and trauma treatment, Healing the Fragmented Selves of Trauma Survivors offers insights that will enrich the knowledge-base of therapists treating higher-functioning as well as deeply traumatized individuals. I recommend this remarkable book to all psychotherapists, especially psychodynamic ones, who will discover an extraordinary opportunity to expand their clinical horizons." Written by one of the preeminent experts in the field of trauma and dissociation, Healing the Fragmented Selves of Trauma Survivors imparts a vision of hope and validation to those suffering from complex trauma and the therapists who treat them. Janina Fisher’s exceptional ability to synthesize the best of cutting edge trauma psychotherapies has resulted in a brilliant and unique roadmap for resolving chronic traumatization. Written with heart, clarity, and precision, this accessible and practical book is an outstanding contribution to the field." Understanding how trauma produces dissociative symptoms points to the way to the solutions. Dissociation is not the result of a damaged brain, but the result of a learning process.

Kenneth A. Frank, PhD, Psychotherapy Integration Training Program, National Institute for Psychotherapies Adding to the challenge is the fact that many traumatised clients present with overlapping symptoms

Healing the Fragmented Selves of Trauma Survivors - PESI UK

The key to providing effective interventions for your clients is to shift your perspective so you can

Fisher draws together neurobiological research, psychological theory, and a productive, if sometimes painful, process of trial and error in which dozens of committed therapists sought out better ways of helping survivors of trauma. Fisher explains the mechanism by which children who experienced abuse, people who have been kidnapped, and other survivors of complex trauma cope with the most horrific forms of violence and cruelty by dissociating — that is to say, separating the part of their personality that experiences the abuse from the parts that experience other aspects of life. For the last 30 years, I’ve been on a mission to help survivors of trauma. My approach takes the intensity out of trauma treatment and helps even the most resistant clients. This workshop is intended for all mental health professionals including Psychotherapists, Counsellors,

Healing the Fragmented Selves of Trauma Survivors - Booktopia Healing the Fragmented Selves of Trauma Survivors - Booktopia

By publishing your document, the content will be optimally indexed by Google via AI and sorted into the right category for over 500 million ePaper readers on YUMPU. Full Book Name: Healing the Fragmented Selves of Trauma Survivors: Overcoming Internal Self-AlienationPdf Online Healing the Fragmented Selves of Trauma Survivors: Overcoming Internal Self-Alienation -Unlimed acces book Wow, where to even begin! This course has helped on all levels — navigating my own reactions (from my own parts) to client presentations and interactions; understanding the complex layers of fragmented and traumatized clients' internal landscapes; learning about more complex presentations involving clients' parts; more clearly understanding how to apply TIST in sessions (especially how to facilitate un-blending and internal parts work toward repair of ruptures and healing legacies of traumatic environments)." Healing the Fragmented Selves of Trauma Survivors: Overcoming Internal Self-Alienation by Janina Fisher – eBook Details I love the de-pathologizing of trauma symptoms through Janina's IFS-influenced approach. Being very spiritually myself, I have found myself at odds with the diagnostic/ medically influenced view of human behavior as pathological, bad or wrong. IFS and Janina's approach is such a breath of fresh air. In my younger days I was terrified of working with certain diagnosis, ie, BPD. Using this approach is so affirming and gentle, true and real that I now find working with this population easier and so much more effective.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment