276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Good Me Bad Me

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

His “peak” scores in friendly and submissive style represent who he’d learned to be. They became self-personifying ways of behaving, welcomed by his parents and teachers, and by employers. They defined his “Good Me,” [2] an accommodating style with self-limiting consequences. He learned that it was “not nice” to express the anger, frustration, or intense disagreement he might feel. But the hearts of small children are delicate organs. A cruel beginning in this world can twist them into curious shapes.” The question is WHO is the daughter of the famous Peter Pan killer? Does she follow in Peter Pan's footsteps or can she embrace her "normal" life of Milly? Many thanks to the wonderful folks at Flatiron Books for sending me an advance copy. This review reflects my true opinion.

Good Me Bad Me by Ali Land | Waterstones Good Me Bad Me by Ali Land | Waterstones

Of course this perked my interest because my social work/therapist side is peeking it's head out. I definitely thought I had this story played out BUT boy was I wrong. That will teach me ;)Ali Land delivers a twisted and uniquely written read here which brilliantly delves into our main character’s mind as we really got into Milly’s internal struggles that she had with the good me and bad me persona and the voice she hears of her mother in her head. We could really feel her struggling not to give in to the darker side as the voice of her mother in her head pushes her to that darker side. Asking ourselves the question, is she good or is she bad? Soon there will be a trial and Milly will have to speak of the horrible things her mother has done. She counts the days until the trial begins. Mike will be working with her both to help her and to help her get ready for testifying. They send her home and tell her to act normal, that they're going to come that night. She's terrified they won't come but also terrified that they will... There is a major plot twist at the end of the book that you may see coming. Milly also frequently "talks" to her estranged mother and sometimes it was confusing to me as a reader. All minor issues, I still highly recommend the book. This is the debut novel by Ali Land that is due to be released in January 2017 and I am sure that it will be one of the books of the year. This excellent psychological thriller will be a big success and I know we will hear a lot more from this author.

Good Me Bad Me: A Novel - Ali Land - Google Books Good Me Bad Me: A Novel - Ali Land - Google Books

This is a psychological thriller to cancel your Friday/Saturday night plans for. Curl up with popcorn and snuggle up with this bad boy.

This book is full of suspense and Ali Land who has quite a different style of writing succeeds in gripping the reader and encourages them to read just one more chapter again and again. Annie's name is changed to Milly to help protect her and Milly is trying hard to not let the bad overtake the good within her, she doesn't want to be like her mother.

Good Me Bad Me by Ali Land | Waterstones

Thank you to Netgalley & Penguin UK Michael Joseph for my ARC in exchange for a fair and honest review* The questioning she undergoes in court is astonishingly brought home how a child brought up with overbearing, mind turning parents can have an effect on your psychological mind when she is listening out behind a screen for just the breathing sounds of her mother. An intensely creepy novel about a young teenage girl Milly, who was unfortunate enough to grow up with a sadistic mother. Now in foster care, she is doing her best to fit in and enjoy what family life is supposed to be like....normal. If indeed there truly is such a thing.Ali Land’s psychological thriller, Good Me, Bad Me (2017), follows a young girl who finds out that her mother is probably a serial killer and that she must testify against her mother at trial. The novel received an overwhelmingly positive reception from critics upon publication, and reviewers comment on its unique voice and narrative style. An English writer, Good Me, Bad Me is Land’s debut novel. She worked as a child and adolescent mental health nurse in the UK and Australia for more than 10 years. He’s been told he must get “tougher,” but that’s proven difficult. And recently, under escalating stress and strain, he’s lost his cool and shut down at times. It was not like the John they knew, and it unsettled his team. These episodes signaled to his boss and his team that he was feeling overwhelmed, maybe in over his head. But because he is likable, loyal, and long-tenured, he was given a chance to work with a coach to see if he could turn things around. Diagnosis

Good Me, Bad Me, Not Me — Generativity Good Me, Bad Me, Not Me — Generativity

Good Me Bad Me” was a creepy and captivating character study of Milly, in addition to being a psychological thriller. Though it was obvious to me how it would end - almost from the start, I found the novel entertaining and was glued to it from the beginning. The character of Milly was fascinating and I couldn’t help but be completely riveted by her. This is a novel that I enjoyed but can’t quite say that I loved. Perhaps because I found it somewhat predictable, perhaps because it just missing a little something, I’m not quite sure. On the whole, I think “Good Me Bad Me” is an impressive debut by Ali Land and I look forward to seeing what comes out with next. The detective. A kindly man, belly full and round. Disbelief at first. Then, the stained dungarees I pulled from my bag. Tiny. But the hearts of small children are delicate organs. A cruel beginning in this world can twist them into curious shapes.’The kind of unreliable narrator who has fascinated readers of The Girl on the Train and other such novels....A gripping tale in the cutting voice of a teen antiheroine.” When it comes to courtroom drama, this one is right up there with the best. The tension is indescribable as Milly prepares to go into the witness box. She will be behind a screen while she gives evidence but her mother’s poisonous, powerful influence could penetrate a shield of solid lead.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment