276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Danger at Dead Man's Pass (Adventures on Train)

£3.995£7.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Though, unlike previous books where I only worked it out at the last moment, this time I honed in on the culprit straight away. The one comment I have is that Harrison spends quite a few opening chapters asking questions to make a family tree, and then the family tree drawing never appears. She now lives and works in UK as a freelance Illustrator and Creative Designer, accompanied by her beloved pets. A lifelong fan of puzzles, games, and detective fiction, he grew up with a railway at the bottom of his garden and has been mad about trains ever since.

There's a scene at the end, for example, that is just deliciously tense nailbiting stuff and normally I'd be all 'yeah, whatever' but because it's written by Leonard and Sedgman, it is BRILLIANT. There was something very heart-warming about an uncle and his nephew solving mysteries together too. The descriptions of travel in these books are always exquisite and once again, I felt like I could just fall into the pages and be at St Pancras Station or hiking to the Brocken peak. Harrison and his Uncle Nat are now getting a tiny little bit famous because of their skills and have been invited to investigate a case in Germany.Harrison Beck undertakes another locomotive mystery in the fourth instalment of Leonard and Sedgman’s thrilling Adventures on Trains series, as a cursed family of railway tycoons high in the German mountains makes for a sinister supernatural mystery. The writing is excellent and the mysteries are complex enough to make you really think with red herrings aplenty.

Ultimately that didn't really stop us from enjoying the book, but I think the final details when Hal explains things were somewhat lost on us as we weren't clear even then who was who. I enjoyed the German (which Kindle provides a translation for), and the methods of travel like the Eurostar.

This book in the series was a bit darker, not much action happened until the end but it had a dark ominous feeling and something lurked in the shadows. More of the action takes place in the castle rather than on a train this time, and there are a lot of characters to remember, but a very satisfying mystery to unravel. Ik moest wel lachen om het feit dat Alex telkens zo verbaasd was dat ze met elektrische treinen rijden. Ross Montgomery, author of Perijee and Me Wildly funny, with hairpin plot bends and inventive characters, this series is firmly on track to become a bestseller.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment