276°
Posted 20 hours ago

A Young Man's Passage

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Jennifer Saunders, who will be making her Palladium Panto debut in Peter Pan playing Captain Hook, said: “ I could not be more delighted to be doing my first panto ever at the Palladium. I am a huge fan of panto and The Palladium always delivers. I wouldn’t want to be in Peter Pan’s tiny soft shoes let me tell you, because I am going to give Hook my all!‘ The few details Julian Clary did know about his family history came from a sketchy family tree he drew when he was a child. But he knew little or nothing about most of the names on his list. Julian was keen to flesh out the stories of these mysterious relatives who existed only as a childish scrawl on a yellowing piece of card. I CONSUMED THIS BOOK AS AN AUDIOBOOK , WHICH BOTH BEGINS AND CONCLUDES WITH DOGS BARKING BUT NOT DURING THE MAIN BODY OF THE TEXT. THIS MAY BE NOTEWORTHY FOR ANYONE, LIKE ME, WHO LIKES TO LISTEN WHILST IN THE COMPANY OF THEIR DOG/S*

Apparently, dear old 'Herman the German' was in good company. Julian and his sister, Frances, wondered if their grandmother knew this secret, but decided that this was unlikely, given that they remembered their grandmother being outraged when the family bought a German dog. Of the controversial book opinions I have, one of my most steadfast is that Julian Clary is a hugely underrated author. Murder Most Fab, Devil in Disguise and Brief Encounters are perfect beach reads with a winning mix of wit, drama, poor taste and even some degree of heart. If it were up to me, I would bully him until he writes some more, but alas, it is not, so until then I shall make do with this. Close Up talks to camp comedian Julian Clary". Tvnz.co.nz . Retrieved 12 May 2010. :(Commentary; "The conservatively raised Catholic with the flawless skin is now happy to confront aging and he is taking it literally in his stride.") Once again directed by Michael Harrison, Peter Pan will run from Saturday 9 December 2023 – Sunday 14 January 2024. Priority booking opens at 10am on Thursday 27 April 2023 (sign up at www.palladiumpantomime.com) with public booking opening on Friday 28 April 2023 at 10am. In 1993, Julian made an infamous appearance at the British Comedy Awards, where he made a joke comparing the set to Hampstead Heath, and that he had just had a rather rude sexual encounter with former Chancellor of the Exchequer Norman Lamont, who had presented an award earlier on.Peter Pan is produced by Michael Harrison for Crossroads Pantomimes. As a producer in the West End his credits include The Drifters Girl, Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, Gypsy, The Bodyguard, Annie, Mel Brooks’ Young Frankenstein, Crazy For You and The Wizard of Oz. Taskmaster is a BAFTA winning and International Emmy nominated comedy entertainment show originally created by Alex Horne. Greg Davies stars as the all-powerful “Taskmaster” who, with the help of his loyal assistant Horne, sets out to test the wiles, wit and wisdom of five comedians through a series of strange and surreal challenges in what is the most hard-fought and ridiculous comedy entertainment format on TV. We return to chatting about his Judas role. “I’m not on stage for a long time, but the talent of the rest of the cast just astonishes me every night. It’s very exciting seeing them as I sit in the wings. And they are all so young and frisky and full of vigour.” No interview with Clary would be complete without a reference to that notorious gag about Norman Lamont, a joke so rude it provoked a campaign in one tabloid newspaper to have him banned from TV. “You missed your chance to break the mould,” he says with a little of Norman’s waspishness. “No it was a very good joke and I stand by it,” he adds.

In 2007, Clary released his first novel, Murder Most Fab, published by Ebury Press. His second novel, Devil in Disguise, was published in 2009. Comerford, Ruth (25 October 2019). "Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly to star in UK tour of The Dresser". The Stage . Retrieved 29 October 2019. Clary has appeared in numerous Christmas pantomimes and has recently become a regular star of the London Palladium pantomimes. In December 2019, Clary was inducted in a ceremony held by Andrew Lloyd Webber onto the Wall of Fame, joining the many stars that have appeared at the Palladium. [34] This is Julian Clary's story, in his own words - the tale of an awkward schoolboy who became a huge worldwide success on stage and screen. Hoffman, Grace (23 February 2022). "Julian Clary and his quiet life in the Ashford countryside in a 17th Century manor house". Kent Live . Retrieved 15 April 2022.I know to be careful. I can multi-task,” he said. “When I am reading a story, if some of the parents titter, then so be it. There is a character called Roger the Sheep, and if you want to see innuendo in Roger the Sheep, then you can. It is entirely up to you, and the children don’t see it, hopefully.” Television company apologises for comic's lewd jibe at Lamont". The Independent. 23 October 2011 . Retrieved 15 December 2020. I don’t think I should,” he says when I ask him to talk about them in more detail. “Because they might recognise themselves. They’re very often very eccentric, let’s put it that way. Some are very well-balanced and businesslike people, and some have luggage. There’s a conflict between wanting to put all their energy into making someone perform as best they can, and jealousy and resentment.”

Vare, Rosie (23 July 2014). "Photo gallery: Comedian Julian Clary among those receiving degrees from University of East Anglia – Home – Eastern Daily Press". Edp24.co.uk. Archived from the original on 8 February 2016 . Retrieved 14 February 2016.

On this page

Clary, Julian (February 2018). The Bolds' Great Adventure: World Book Day 2018. Andersen Press. ISBN 978-1783446292.

Blake, Elissa (12 April 2014). "Julian Clary: The cutting-edge riposte". The Sydney Morning Herald . Retrieved 14 November 2015.Clary began his career under the name Leo Hurll, a fake keyboardist for pop band Thinkman (a recording project conceived by Rupert Hine). [6] [7] He entered the alternative comedy scene in the early 1980s, firstly under the alias Gillian Pieface and later as The Joan Collins Fan Club. He wore heavy glam make-up and dressed in outrageous clothes, often involving leather/PVC and hinting at bondage. His pet dog Fanny the Wonderdog, a whippet mongrel, also featured in performances. [8] I also like doing panto at such a grim, wintry time of year. You are in this magical world on stage for the run and, by the time you have finished, and perhaps had a holiday, then spring is on the way. And the show is at the Palladium, so that is endlessly thrilling. And I do get to sleep in my own bed, unlike touring.” He also appeared on television regularly in 2008, starting in January when he was drafted in as a relief presenter for This Morning, [13] co-presenting alongside Fern Britton and Ruth Langsford during Phillip Schofield's absence. In April, he once again fronted the BBC One series Have I Got News for You, and he filmed an episode of Celebrity Bargain Hunt in May. He was also a short-notice guest on The Paul O'Grady Show in October 2008, after Peter Andre and Katie Price could not appear (Clary and O'Grady were friends and neighbours). [29]

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment