276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Oral-B iO5 Electric Toothbrushes For Adults, Christmas Gifts For Women / Him, 1 Toothbrush Head & Travel Case, 5 Modes With Teeth Whitening, UK 2 Pin Plug, Black

£140£280.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Once powered off the iO5 doesn’t remember the last mode used. So, next time you use the brush you may need to cycle through the modes if you don’t want to use the default Daily Clean cycle. The 3, 4, 5 and 6 all come with a standard Oral-B charger. White in colour, it has a protuberance on the top that fits into the base of the brush handle. All the function IMHO is just marketing. They have no additional function and i would assume 99 of 100 customers would not even bother to use them.

It's not quite as chic. However, if you want a brilliant toothbrush and aren't a frequent traveler, it's one of the best options around. You can change the cleaning mode prior to turning the brush on, or when in use. You need to press the lower of the 2 buttons on the handle to select each mode. I’m 40 and my parents never taught me how to brush my teeth or encouraged me to do so. My teeth are also very wonky so I clearly should have had braces as a teenager but was never given the option. The Oral-B iO Series 9 has a smart pressure sensor that detects not only when you're pressing too hard, but also when you're being too gentle (Image credit: Future)All modes are designed to be used for 2 minutes. The only exception is tongue clean which is set for 30 seconds. The only downside is that there are no controls for adjusting modes or choosing an intensity setting on the brush itself. Instead, all the customization is done through the mobile app. That's not an issue once you've set it to your exact preferences, though; provided you don't like to switch modes on the fly, it's a superb brush.

FOR HEALTHIER GUMS IN JUST 1 WEEK remove 100% more plaque and even 2.5X in between teeth* with ORAL-B's MOST ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY *vs a manual brush. The 1000 has a pressure sensor, but it is not visible and by no means as noticeable as that on the 1500. If you are using the smartphone app in real-time as you brush the app will tell you which mode you are using on-screen. It doesn’t remember the last mode used I’ve yet to find anyone who uses them all or any real justification for having so many. The reality is the cleaning results between each are very similar.

🍪 Privacy & Transparency

The Series 9 has 7 cleaning modes (daily clean, sensitive, super sensitive, intense, whiten, gum care & tongue clean) compared to the 5 of the Series 7 (daily clean, sensitive, intense, whiten & gum care). The extra modes the iO9 has are super sensitive and tongue clean. You get the standard features like the 2 minute timer, 30 second pacer, rechargeable battery and fading indicator bristles on the brush head. The Series 8 has 6 cleaning modes (daily clean, sensitive, super sensitive, intense, whiten & gum care) compared to the 5 of the Series 7 (daily clean, sensitive, intense, whiten & gum care). The extra mode the iO8 has is super sensitive. Sonic toothbrushes are engineered to vibrate the brush filaments from side to side, and often resemble manual brushes with oval or diamond-shaped heads. These brushes are capable of vibrating up to ~40,000 per minute, depending on the model –meaning they move more rapidly than oscillating toothbrushes. Powerful vibrations force toothpaste and fluid between the teeth, granting a more comprehensive clean. The Oclean X Pro Elite is the quietest electric toothbrush we've tested. In fact, when you close your mouth, it's barely audible – but don't let that fool you. This is still a powerful sonic toothbrush that delivers thorough cleaning on par with much more expensive brushes.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment