276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Vox - Valvetronix VT20X - 20W Modeling Guitar Amplifier - Black

£84.5£169.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

However, when compared side-by-side with the real thing, the difference between the Valvetronix’s built-in tonal arsenal and the genuine article is clear.

We recommend uninstalling the VOX 2ch Audio Driver when using the target VOX product with non-ASIO driver mode or general-purpose ASIO driver. Loaded with eleven onboard amplifier models, the VT20X has you covered no matter what tone you require. Vintage cleans to modern high-gain, this model is highly-versatile and can be further enhanced using Tone Room software. The 33 preset programs (which expand to 60 when using the editor/librarian software) fully harness the capabilities of the VT20X and VT40X. Among these presets, you'll find several signature sounds of illustrious guitarists, allowing you to instantly invoke the iconic guitar tones from your favourite songs. Naturally, you're free to edit these programs according to your taste and store up to eight of your personal sounds. Optional footswitch The “Preset Programs”- button is probably the most confusing. It makes saving and selecting different saved presets a little bit confusing. You have to hit that couple of times, then press the “Bank”- button, and then choose the right “Channel”. Doable? Yes. Smooth and simple. No.

Additional Media

But can anyone learn how to use this? Absolutely. I’m not a Valvetronix master, but I’m pretty comfortable with it. If I can learn how to use it, so can you. And the User Manual is your friend.

Unlike other modeling amps that recreate the sound of an amp, the VT20X simulates their circuitry. The amp also uses a tube that, I feel, adds some extra warmth and color to the sound. This is a bit of a long review, forgive my seemingly rambling text. My general review and personal experience with the product comes first.It's really quite a gem. At this price, it's unbeatable. There really isn't anything else on the market for a bedroom player like myself, such as this. Not to mention, it has a separate volume and 'power' knob. Meaning I can get it to just the right loudness by manipulating the 'power' knob and the 'volume' knob together. Most amplifiers I've used really go from 0 to 100 really fast when you try to get low volumes, this is not the case with this amp! For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs. You can also adjust different aspects of the specific effects with TAP(works only with some effects), VALUE 1, and VALUE 2 knobs. For example with the Overdrive effect, you can adjust the Gain with VALUE 1 and Tone with VALUE 2. Manual explains all these in detail.

You should get an instant answer on whether your application has been successful, though in some rare cases Klarna or V12 may need to look at the application in more detail. So to me, this tube is a cool little extra feature, but I don’t believe that it’s a game-changer in any way. Probably not even necessary. But I can’t deny that it looks cool and with the “BIAS” switch, you can adjust your tone just that extra bit more. The Vox VT20X is not just another guitar amp. It's a comprehensive tool that offers guitarists a full palette of sounds and tones. From the clarity of high tones to the depth of lows, this amp ensures that every note you play resonates with precision and quality. I really love this amplifier. Just be aware, that you will have to be careful about the Tone Room program, since it was not an easy find for me!

What Makes Our Sales Engineers Great?

The intricate modelling technology, a legacy of the Valvetronix series, provides an exhaustive range of varied amp sounds. With 11 amp models (extended to 20 types when using the editor/librarian software), you can recreate the sound of some of the most coveted tube amps amongst guitarists, encompassing elusive vintage amps and high-end boutique amps. Models of the newest high-gain amps are also incorporated, delivering the versatility you require for a spectrum of playing styles and genres. On-board effects When you plug in the amp for the first time you can set up your own range of tones from the 11 amp models and 12 effects on the top panel. No extra software required just plug in and get playing straight out of the box. If you want to make sure your tone is yours though you can set up the three user amps up through the included ToneRoom Editor software. The upgraded capabilities of the DSP has significantly enhanced the sound quality of each amp model. Our use of highly advanced DSP has led to remarkable improvements, not only in the sampling rate and the audio output of each amp model, but also in the quality of the effects that form the core of sound shaping. Innovative design With everything from flanger to delay, this model comes designed with thirteen premium effects for a rich and realistic sound. When using noise reduction, you can also use up to four effects simultaneously. Additionally, each of the effects provides a wide variety of parameters, offering the freedom to instantly get the sound you want. Preamp and power amp This VOX comes designed with the unique Tone Room editor and Librarian software, allowing you to edit and fine tine your tone and effects. It also features sounds from many famous guitarists and rare vintage amps for a vast range of tonal versatility. Tone Room is available for Mac, PC, iOS, and Android devices, meaning these can be connected to your amplifier via the top mounted USB port. Specifications

The Tone Room editor/librarian software is designed for use with the VT20X and VT40X. Beyond conventional amp and effect editing, this software allows you to tweak parameters in such depth that it's akin to crafting your very own musical instrument. Once you've successfully transformed your ideal sound into reality, you can save up to three of your customised amps/effects within the amp. Besides Windows and Mac versions, Tone Room is also available for iOS, offering you the flexibility to edit on almost any device. Up to 20 true-to-life amp modelsIf an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered Power Level knob. You can adjust the output of the power amp while keeping the gain level the same. This combination of digital and analog makes gives the amp a very natural sound. This is truly one of the best-sounding modeling amps I have ever played. The VT20X is able to produce a very smooth, crisp, clean tone as well as very heavy and aggressive distortion and almost everything in between. However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers. The Vox Valvetronix series artfully marries state-of-the-art digital technology with timeless analogue circuitry, integrating authentic vacuum tubes into the structure. Models like VT20X and VT40X utilise a Valvetronix preamp within their multi-stage amplification circuit. This circuit faithfully mirrors the unique distortion, swift response, and tonal characteristics that are exclusive to classic tube amps and simply cannot be duplicated by digital technology in isolation. Analogue and digital in perfect harmony

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment