276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Diva Pro Styling XXL Pro Diffuser Flexible Gripping System to Fit Any Dryer

£13.305£26.61Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The family name behind one of London’s most luxurious salon destinations, as well as a line of great hair-styling products Hershesons now offers The Great Hair Dryer, a pleasingly stylish electric blue number. It comes in a snazzy metal case complete with a leather-look handle, along with three attachments: two concentrated nozzles and a small diffuser.

The DevaFuser allows you to dry your roots first, which not only benefits the ends of your hair, but also helps with volume. Our roots usually take the longest to dry, and the longer they are left wet, the more chance there is of ending up with flat roots. But, if you dry your roots first, you'll be left with fab volume. If you know that your curls tends to become frizzy if you air dry your hair, or that it takes a very long time to dry naturally on its own, you'll most likely find that using a diffuser and a dryer on a low speed and low heat setting gets you much better results. Is it healthier to use a diffuser on hair? If you already have a diffuser attachment (ie. the one that came with your hairdryer) don't feel like you have to spend lots of money on a new one - I used the standard diffuser attachment that came with my Vidal Sassoon hairdryer for a good couple of years before branching out. But, if you think it's time for a new one, I've got a few suggestions below. If you have individual curls that aren't curling up so well, you can also go in and add some product to them and finger coil by twisting around your finger in the direction of the curl. Repeat steps two to four.It's not universal, so you'll have to make sure it's the right size for your existing hairdryer, buy a new hairdryer, or tape it on (like me). Firstly, regular hairdryer attachments are simply no good for drying curly hair (unless you're after a bouncy blowdry - but, if that's the case, why are you reading this article?!). Because there is nothing to distribute the air, regular hairdryer attachments blast air at one section of hair, which sends your hair's cuticles into a flurry and causes frizz. My hair has truly come into its own, and I find it loves when I care for it mindfully. No over-the-top 20-step routine. No constant manipulation because I want my curls to look a certain way. All my coils need is a good wash, a weekly protein treatment, and a deep conditioner followed by a hydrating leave-in layered with a gel. Less is best in the case of my coily curls, and lately, I've been wearing it in cornrows to keep the manipulation at a minimum. Design: A hand-like, 360-degree design

If like me, you're too impatient to wait for your curls to air dry (wet hair for eight hours+? No thanks!), diffusing is a great way to speed up the process. As well as drying your curls, diffusing also gives hair volume, definition and bounce. But, you've got to use the right technique - there really is an art to diffusing curly hair.

Definitely! We – and many other curly-haired women – can speak from experience that using a diffuser is a failsafe way to dry perfectly-defined curls. Because the air is distributed more evenly from the dryer, it dries the hair more gently and therefore helps to preserve your curl pattern. Is it better to air dry curls or use a diffuser? Ahh the Dyson, adored by many and on the wish-list of curlies across the globe. The Dyson Supersonic is a hairdryer with a different kind of drying technology. According to Dyson, it dries hair six times faster than a regular hairdryer through its high-pressure, high-velocity jet of controlled air. It also regulates the heat to prevent extreme heat damage. Hold in place for thirty seconds, turn the hairdryer off, take another small section of hair and repeat. With over five years’ experience in beauty and health journalism, Florence has written for ELLE, Women’s Fitness, Sister Magazine, National Geographic Traveller and many more, with a strong sustainability angle thread through much of her work.

Then, when you're ready to dry the lengths of your hair, you can gently place a section of hair in the diffuser 'hand' and raise towards your scalp. Technology: Look out for any special features that are incorporated into a dryer, such as ionic technology for a smoother finish, or ceramic for more even heat distribution, for example. If you've ever bought a new hairdryer and wondered what on earth the diffuser attachment is, or better yet, left it in the box to gather dust, you're not alone! So, what is a hair diffuser? What's its purpose? And why can't you just use a regular hairdryer attachment to dry your curly hair? We're proud to announce that our mailing bags are made from recycled polythene and are also recyclable, and our bubble wrap is made from recycled plastic and is completely recyclable.

Hairdryer diffusers, on the other hand, delicately distribute the air so curls dry evenly, and without excess frizz. For extra volume, with your head still upside-down, fluff your hair out by placing your fingers at your roots and shaking your hands. I like to use a scalp massager to fluff out my curls at this step, too.

Before my first visit to a DevaCurl salon, I thought diffusers were only for loose waves and the 3-type curls we most often see in ads and shared across social media. But my Deva stylists debunked that myth and showed me how to use a diffuser properly and how important it was to prevent frizz during the drying process because it keeps us from touching our hair as it dries. Jonny Eagland is senior stylist at London salon Nicola Clarke at John Frieda, as well as an ambassador for haircare brand Virtue.

Here's a step by step guide on how to dry curly hair with a diffuser. I always use the 'Pixie Diffusing' technique, which means turning the hairdryer off between sections - more info on that below. If you're new to this whole looking after your curls thing and don't want to invest in a diffuser just yet (but equally don't want to air dry), there are a couple of items/methods you can use to dry your curly hair instead. I also had a fair few followers testify that it's a great diffuser for short hair, too. I've used it on my mum's short hair, and she gets great volume with it!

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment