276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Tommee Tippee GroEgg2 Digital Colour Changing Room Thermometer and Night Light, USB Powered

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I’ve found the Groegg2 to be both accurate and consistent when measuring it against the readings of my home’s Hive thermostat system. While there’s usually a difference of 0.2 degrees between the two readings, the results are close enough for me to feel reassured of the Groegg2's accuracy. One thing to note is that the Groegg2 responds to body heat when held, so it needs to be placed on a flat surface to display the correct temperature. The correct temperature also takes around one minute to be displayed if I hold the unit and then put it down. Many bath thermometers also double up as a bath toy for added value. What temperature should my baby’s room be?

As room thermometers go, the Groegg2 is reasonably good value for money, with a price tag that’s similar to other Tommee Tippee room thermometers as well as thermometers from brands like Purflo and Philips. You can buy more sophisticated (and expensive) models that have other functions such as a nightlight or colour-change feature so you can see whether the room is the right temperature – even with the lights out. While I think the LED display might actually be too bright considering it’s on show permanently when the device is plugged in, it’s clear that the brightness is more a safety measure than anything else. Read next: The best baby bouncers for newborns Price and competition: is the Groegg2 good value for money?

Is the Groegg2 easy to use?

It can be hard to get the right balance though, which is why parents are choosing to invest in a digital room thermometer to give them peace of mind while their baby is asleep. Parents can also refer to special charts that will show how much or little bedding a baby needs at certain temperatures.

As mum to a now 14-month-old, I’ve been able to test the Groegg2 out in my own home, using it consistently for naps and during the night to monitor the temperature in my daughter’s room. I have also taken it with me for overnight stays at her grandparents’ house. You can also buy room thermometers that double up as bath thermometers to measure the temperature of babies bath water. Is the Groegg good? The Gro-Egg includes a lot of features that give me confidence that my child’s room is at a safe temperature for sleep. It’s also really easy to use because all you have to do is plug it in! Laura Westerman is an editor, writer and Deputy Head of Editorial Content at Mumsnet. Mum to a one-year-old, she is extremely passionate about safe infant sleep, so is fully invested in finding the best and most affordable baby room thermometers on the market.Is the Groegg2 portable? A: Yes, the Groegg2 is portable and can be easily moved between rooms. It is compact and lightweight, making it convenient to take with you when traveling or staying overnight at different locations. Item ready for collection (Please wait until you receive this second SMS before you come into the store to collect your items) Is the Groegg2 accurate? A: The Groegg2 is designed to provide accurate temperature readings. However, it’s always a good idea to cross-reference the readings with other thermometers to ensure accuracy. This thermometer is powered by a USB cable* so there’s no need for expensive batteries (*excludes adaptor plug but compatible with most USB plugs used as phone chargers) Can the Groegg2 be powered by batteries? A: No, the Groegg2 needs to be connected to a power source using the included AC power adapter. It doesn’t have a battery option for power.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment