276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Party

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

We come at the story through alternating narrative voices and three different times, coalescing as the novel reaches its climax. A partir de ahí conoceremos más de cerca esta amistad desde esta escuela privada pasando por Cambridge hasta que ya adultos y ambos casados, se reencuentran en la fiesta. The male consultant told me in the follow-up appointment that doing another round would be “like trying to stick the tail on the donkey”.

The Party by Elizabeth Day review – well-paced literary

The danger of the mind to trick one into thinking all the bad things we imagine are facts when in truth, they are just thoughts which are, in turn, a product of our experience.When he wins a scholarship to Burtonbury School, he doesn't wear the right clothes or speak with the right kind of accent. Ben's 40th birthday party full of glitz and glamour is the venue to be seen at but things take a nasty turn.

The Party by Elizabeth Day | Goodreads The Party by Elizabeth Day | Goodreads

We’ve shared a lot of lovely times together, but the depth of our friendship means she is also there, with exactly the right words, when things go wrong. Il mondo ridotto a spazi di attenzione della dimensione di un bite, del piú piccolo minimo comun denominatore. About a friendship between two boys growing up, ending in a very dark story with two dramatic events which determine the storyline and tragic outcome. I sat at their kitchen counter, dark-eyed and pale-faced, and Joan poured me a glass of full-bodied red wine. Ripley, The Secret History and Brideshead Revisited got together and had a beautiful, twisted child.Yo no lo calificaría de thriller, aunque hay elementos de intriga y muerte, sino que es más bien un retrato de la sociedad de clases actual en Inglaterra y de cómo los ‘ridiculously rich’ siguen constituyendo una oligarquía poderosa y que ejerce su fascinación sobre el resto. Day attended Methodist College in Belfast and Malvern St James Girls' School in Worcestershire, before going on to obtain a double first in History from Queens' College, Cambridge. Ben Fitzmaurice - is the confident cool - natural leader type - classmates usually did anything he said - followed his lead. La razón no era otra que ese deseo innato de tener un observador exterior, un inadaptado que pudiera dar fe de su pedantería.

The Party by Elizabeth Day - review - Evening Standard

Elizabeth Day se las arregla de maravilla para construir toda esta historia en torno a una amistad desde la adolescencia y al mismo tiempo es una reflexión sobre el arribísmo, las diferencias de clases, la hipocresia y la identidad personal. The main focus is Ben Fitzmaurice's 40th birthday party and the story is told mostly by Martin Gilmour, Ben's friend of many years, interspersed with fragments from Martin's wife's journal. However I couldn't work out if the author was writing from a place of anger or envy as the main character himself was never quite clear on the point. As the train pressed on, I realised that my life was in the process of taking a different direction, plotted according to a new constellation. En cualquier caso, es un libro estupendo y espero que traduzcan al castellano más libros de la autora.

Keeps you turning the pages, wanting to know what´s going on exactly and how it will end, very well written, intrigued me from beginning to end. This was such an unhelpfully vague diagnosis it seemed to raise the question of whether it was a diagnosis at all.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment