276°
Posted 20 hours ago

SIHUADON D808 Portable Radio Transistor AM FM SW LW SSB Air Band Multiband Radio Loudspeaker Alarm Clock Sleep Timer Black

£39.99£79.98Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The only other affordable radio that could fit that bill would be the even smaller Tecsun PL-365 SSB, but it lacks an SSB filter, it has no RDS and no air band and I’d be curious if it can match the sensitivity of the XHDATA. Direct frequency input needs to be initated with the “Freq” button though, and in some cases (shortwave frequency <10,000kHz) you need to hit it again to enter the frequency. Clean up a few of the items that have been mentioned and this would likely be amongst the top portable receivers on the market today. Despite everything, the D-808 managed to drive a half-open headphone without the need for a headphone amp.

I’ve seen quite a few complaints/misunderstandings about the D-808’s operation and I think this is due to the fact that there is a fundamental difference between e. These are fine receivers, but the 55 is limited to two bandwidths, NARROW and WIDE – similar to the SONY 2010 and SW-77, both of which also had effective synchronous detection. In the CC Skywave and CC Skywave SSB models various parts fit together like a puzzle, but the D-808 isn’t like that. Additionally, we always try to include links to other retail options if they are available, as we support and freely advertise independent ham radio retailers.

Using the D-808 again after a few years reminded me that this little China-made receiver offers no less than SEVEN bandwidths, in AM mode. Hi, I recently tested my newly bought D-808 near a part of the North Sea shore at Crail, Scotland and I was much impressed with the receiver’s sensitivity on FM and SW. In FM mode the stereo separation was very successful, I was able to get quite full and satisfying listening. One receiver that emerged a few years ago and which took the listening hobby by storm was the XHDATA D-808. Other than that, it seems to abide <10m/30ft of wire just fine and it gets along with my ML-200 active loop, currently indoors with a rigid 80cm aluminum loop, unless the RRI transmitters populate 49 and/or 41m after midnight.

However the common earphones would present 32 Ohm, a low value when compared with the series 100 Ohm resistor. Keeping the volume on radio to moderate/high use the volume on headphone amp to reach desired level.Hello Dear Friends, I have a question on XHDATA D-808 preset scrolling possibility with the tuning knob or up and down buttons? I also use a Marantz PM5005 integrated amp to route audio to bookshelf speakers with great results, but all amps connected to ac supply will not work, they need to have very clean power supply so as to not introduce noise and signal interference.

Unlike the PL-660 and most other small receivers covering that band it has a squelch, which is by the way active on all bands. These photo finish victories for the PL-660 can be observed across most bands, but it needs ridiculously weak signals to spot the difference.When saving a station to a preset whilst holding down a button yes this interference is noticeable on weaker AM stations (its not an issue at all on FM). I think these AM bandwidths should cover all requirements that might come up, on top of those you can try ECSS reception with the SSB filters.

I suppose one could take the battery out when the radio is not in use, but I have never had this problem with any other radio. After a year, the volume got scratchy, so I opened it up and squirted a little deoxit on what appears to be the volume pot contact (it’s very small, but pretty obvious when you look at it).In the dark, it is impossible to get a tactile location of the buttons which makes it difficult to use in unlighted areas. However, had a D-808 existed at that time this would have been much easier because of the multiple bandwidths in both AM and SSB. Crane nor XHDATA are likely to show any sympathy to someone botching up an antenna transplant, so you need to be confident that that your skills are superior to those of the company technicians before taking the plunge. However, I’m not sure how I will use this radio from my shirt pocket with the telescopic whip extended.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment