276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Ten Thousand Stitches (Regency Faerie Tales)

£4.995£9.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Just passed the halfway point and can feel the Sanderslanche starting - I have a feeling the rest of the book is going to go REAL quick. At around the halfway mark, I decided there was an ending I wanted, which would have felt more satisfying than the one I thought the blurb was setting up, and lo and behold that was the ending I got. Their contrasting personalities complement each other well, and I like that both Effie and Lord Blackthorn grow and change as they learn more about themselves, their situations, the people around them, and each other. I don't review my own books, of course—but here are some facts you might not have known about Ten Thousand Stitches and the Regency era in general! Though, this cinnamon roll faerie godfather’s helpfulness doesn’t always workout (unintentionally causing more problems than he solves.

Effie berates Miss Buxley for having other choices, but as we learn mere pages later, Effie hasn't even bothered to see if any of the other households in the area are hiring, despite complaining all book long that she can either put up with the bad working conditions at Hartfield or go destitute. Fighting for causes you believe in, working together to demand change and fair working conditions, fighting social inequities, and more are woven through this seemingly simple tale. Many servants therefore left service as soon as they decided they wanted a relationship and/or a family of their own.For instance, at one point, Effie is given a dress made of dignity; when she wears it, people treat her with grave respect and ask her counsel on a range of matters, for surely someone so dignified MUST have all the answers. Or, better yet, try to marry someone they might actually enjoy being married to, as Miss Buxley is trying to do.

There’s also an interesting cast of characters, our feelings towards whom keep fluctuating as the story goes on and things are revealed.

That made it all the sweeter being able to look ahead to the summer and see two more books of the same style by Atwater coming down the pike. Effie often feels invisible and unimportant, and her bitterness and anger permeate the story in more ways than one. We start of hating Lady Culver because of her extremely harsh treatment of the staff, but we also slowly get to see why she came to be that way - not that it elicits much sympathy towards her though coz she still takes out her frustrations on people who can’t talk back.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment