276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Creepy Cat Vol. 1

£5.995£11.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Carrie Underwood once said: ”I’m a private person, and I don’t want people knowing what kind of underwear I like. It’s creepy!”

Okay I don't know if Tim Burton really inspired this series of short stories but looking at the various humanoid characters it was the first thing that came to mind before we even get to see the one and only Creepy Cat. What follows is a full color comic series that's a little bit slice of life if Junji Ito introduced a legion of cats to the owner of the suddenly inherited gothic mansion. A legion did I say? Well there is only one Creepy Cat who has an assortment of unusual powers whether duplicating himself by spitting out more of himself like an army of living hairballs, flying, playing with normally invisible ghosts, laser vision, physical manipulation of his body, or even just incredible skills of destructive capability but that does not mean we are not introduced to other similar felines in this strange town like the stint when Creepy Kitten makes a show or when the now owner of Creepy Cat dreams of a swarm of cats who declare they are seeking their lost leader. Honestly it is the cat's meow how crazy things get for Flora and those that get to know her. :)Penn Jillette once said: ”We knew that we were kind of odd and creepy, and we wanted to do odd, creepy stuff for people who wanted to see that.” Scary cat looking over the sofa Be warned, the lettering, at least the lettering of the licensed English edition by Seven Seas is trash. Throughout the entire series, the lettering forgets that it should follow the orientation of a manga, so sometimes the word balloons can be confusing. This is a sad editorial oversight.

Crispin Glover once said: ”It’s like, you can’t have any fun, and if you do have fun, if you do your own thing, you’re considered crazy and should be in a mental institution. Now, that’s what I find creepy. I’m eccentric. I am not messed up.” Creepy Cat Poking out of a VaseCreepy Cat is a gag-a-day type of story that sometimes breaks off into a small plot piece that gets completely solved without problems or consequences. The art is very much cute, or stylish in the gothic aesthetic, sometimes trying to be cute-creepy, achieving a tone similar to Tim Burton in occasions. I love the diverse designs on each of the characters, and some of the gags work well because of those designs, such as the creepy mascots. All this said, I actually quite enjoyed the world in this story. The art is very fitting and I am rather fond of it. The Douglas Coupland once said: ”Is there anything in the world more annoyingly creepy than an unspoken dress code?” Creepy Cat Looking Through Window at a Bird

It's just acceptable with the characters. Simple, cute, usually just archetypes that collide with each other, however, they do manage to give them small pieces of depth Being a gag manga, the comedy should be most of what hits in the story, but it really doesn't that much. I never really audibly laugh, it just looked like a stylish fan art that you don't have that much of an opinion about. I wasn't completely bored, but at some point I just wanted to finish it and move on. Sad that the point of the story is what failed the most. Recommended for readers willing to wait until the last part of the second volume and starting on the third, for this title to get something going. This is a gag manga about the misadventures of the titular cat. So, forget about any character development of the main human characters. It is really all about the cute creepy cat, or cats. More of them are coming. I have a slight confession to tell you all. You see despite my love of cats and all the fun I have seeing them and reading about them in all our Caturday posts, I am in fact quite afraid of them! Kittens particularly scare me, but not because anything bad that happened to me as a kid, nothing like that, it is the unpredictability of them. Some people would call this post “top 10 ‘soon’ memes” but I like to call them… Olivia Wilde once said: ”I am so saddened and grossed out by young women who look like creepy, old aliens because of their new Barbie noses and lips. Is that a smile or a grimace?” Creepy Cat Poking Out From Under a Laptop

Success!

Usually, comedies can have a simple enough plot, doesn't need to be complex, it should just have an idea to follow, but the meandering nature of this story managed to really bring it down. A story about nothing, just people living with bizarre situations, and sometimes we do get plot, but it isn't that interesting until the very end. Maybe the worst aspect, but that's coming from a guy that needs a story to enjoy a story.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment