276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Bow Before the Elf Queen

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Thane could be all sweet and endearing but oh boy if someone if they so much harm a hair on her head... RIP them. Thane goes feral where Layala's safety is considered.

Book Genre: Adult, Fae, Fairies, Fantasy, Fantasy Romance, Fiction, High Fantasy, Magic, Retellings, Romance, Young Adult Perfect for fans of A Court of Thorns and Roses & Fourth Wing comes a deeply romantic high fantasy series with elves, dragons, magic, and captivating enemies-to-lovers. Layala Fightbringer,” the fire-haired Leif shouted, and many laughed. He put his arm casually around her shoulders. “You think she’s a Raven, boys?” But also know when NOT to take someone's advice. You are the author. It's your story. You know what is best. If you love something about your book and someone else doesn't, be wary. You have to know your genre and what works. Chances are if you love it others will too.The push and pull between the characters and the pent up tension between them was equally frustrating but interesting. A good chunk of the stuff the author says on her TikTok didn't quite match up with what was in this book Now that day has come, forcing her to come face-to-face with what she’s hidden from: a dangerous, dark-haired, warrior king determined to marry her. She also became really irrational and the stupid plot about her ex and her powers became a tiring excuse of creating “””angst””” and not let the main characters be together after the first 25% of the plot. Stuff like the stone and looking for the dragon shifter sorceress never paid off or made for filler and a boring time. Layala is the first elf born with magic in hundreds of years. The evil king wants to use her as a tool to defeat his enemies. So he decides to magically bind her as his son's mate (At 7 days old!) and take her from her loving parents. I don't want to give much away but Layala's life is never the same and she ends up living in the human world to evade this king. She trains her entire life to kill the evil tyrant king and her mate who rumor has it is more bloodthirsty than his father.

Thane! I love love super love characters like this. He’s the mysterious misunderstood, secretly sweet and loyal male lead who immediately captures my heart. These are my perfect formula in a book! I loved the way JMK played with my emotions from start to Finish. From not liking Thane at the start to growing to really care for him by the end as Layala develops her feelings. The turn from enemies to lovers felt natural and gradual… it wasn’t that “one day I hate you and the next I love you”. They displayed a mature relationship and I really liked that at times they were able to trust and talk to each other about aspects that they were concerned about. Very often in books (especially YA) “conflict” is created due to miscommunication and I felt that very little of the conflict in this was due to the characters not listening (which is a big plus) - this might be cause they were a little older that this would be more intro into Adult but kept the content PG13. Layala is a badass. It took her entirely too long to get with the program but I loved that she was strong, brave, and willing to evolve. This book seems like a nod to classic fantasy but is also a specially-made scrumptious treat for modern fantasy romance readers.There where some things I felt could of made this story even better… but even still I thoroughly enjoyed reading! The romance was blah. That goes with the uninspired characters. I had no reason to care about their relationship and I felt no actual connection to it.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment