276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-40 mm F2.8 PRO Lens, Universal Zoom, Suitable for All MFT Cameras (Olympus OM-D & PEN Models, Panasonic G-Series), Black

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

When paired with a compatible camera, you’ll be able take shots with deep focus from foreground to background through creating a composite image by combining multiple shots with different focus. The 14-42mm lens produces sharp photos, however it's much worse at CA and vignetting compared to the new Olympus 12-40mm. To my surprise, I actually ended up wanting the combo by my side at all times, so I upgraded to a bigger bag. The Phoblographer may receive affiliate compensation for products purchased using links in this blog posted.

Reproduction in whole or part in any form or medium without specific written permission is prohibited. The result is a compact, lightweight focusing unit that enables 50fps sequential shooting while letting you shoot stills and movies with speed and accuracy. Perfect travel pairing for my E-M5 (with the top part of the HLD-6 Battery Grip attached for better handling). You can program it to toggle adjustments such as white balance or RAW, but it can also be set as an AF-stop button. seems to be a skosh sharper but I think it’s not serious comparing this two, because I use the Pana a lot at f1.The 12-40mm focal range translates to a 24-80mm field of view in 35mm terms, and with the constant ƒ/2.

At the focal lengths in between, the aperture at which you begin to get drops in contrast varies between those f/2. PRO, which is well known for its high resolution, and incorporates an optical design with 15 elements in 9 groups (2 ED lenses, 1 Super ED lens, 1 HR lens and 2 aspherical lens).In a nutshell, if you have a high end mu43 camera and you slap this lens over it, you’l feel powerful. It won’t give you real macro performance but it can let you focus on small objects fairly closely when you need to. PRO II Lens is a superbly built lens which features Advanced IP53 dustproof and splashproof performance, and freezeproof performance to -10°C. It rotates smoothly, but has a nice resistance, which is stiff enough that it won't creep, but it definitely takes two fingers to rotate.

The petal-shaped lens hood locks onto the front of the lens, bayonet-style, and adds only about one inch of extra length (and barely any extra width). Cookies can also be used by our advertisers and the Google Analytics tool which gathers statistical data. First is the zoom range, I’ve always shot 28mm, but having the 80mm possibility, sometimes I found myself exploring these focal lengths. Visit our Competitions Forum, where you'll find our monthly competition and other external competitions to enter. Manual focus clutch lets you quickly pull the focusing ring into place for direct, intuitive focus control.However, should it be desired the MF clutch mechanism is straightforward and effective – a good design. Olympus has scaled their lenses very nicely with their m4/3 bodies, and that’s one of the things that makes m4/3 use so comfortable.

This week away is a prime example- I have brought extra stuff out of a force of habit, but the extra lens, the dust blower and loads of my extras lived either in my bag or AirBNB and didn’t see the light of day. It's not a professional-grade lens with metal construction, but it does have weather sealing, and is a really sharp lens.The lens comes with a standard Micro Four Thirds mount that is, as you'd expect, made of metal, with a rubber seal around the mount. The lens is capable of various styles of macro shooting and includes support for Focus Stacking which is useful for close-up shooting.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment