276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Metabo TS 254 240 V Site Table Saw , Green

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Never perform freehand cuts and always use the guide fence or mitre guide. Never use both together. High quality angle mitre fence – expertly machined to allow precision mitre and rip cuts every time. Sensor controlled guard light – increases visibility of the cut line improving accuracy and safety.

Similarly to adjust the angle of the cut, turn the adjuster wheel until you’ve set the blade to angle you wish to cut, clearly marked on the scale.Below is a list of some of the best mains powered table saws in the UK. Festool TKS 80 EBS Table Saw To get access to the saw blade, you simply turn a key (using the supplied spanner) and remove the insert. The insert is made from metal and feels quite solid. You can adjust the height of the insert with four screws in each corner. These screws do not hold the insert in place, only the key does, so making your own custom zero-clearance insert might not be too easy, but maybe you can replace the screws with slightly longer ones and actually use them for this purpose.

Like any piece of machinery or equipment – table saws can be dangerous and cause serious injury if basic safety precautions are not adhered to. Below are some important safety tips when using any table saw. Rip cut – this is a cut made in line with the grain of the wood using a blade with fewer teeth. Providing there is enough space around the machine, and the material being cut is supported, the length of cut on a table saw is almost limitless. This makes table saws ideal for cutting long lengths of timber and trimming sheet material to size.The full ‘set’ includes side, rear and travelling table as standard – maximising versatility and cutting capacity when cutting sheet material

As Neil states, “it’s a very good, stable fence. You can push against it, no movement, and it’s not trying to wiggle around on the bed.” The side fence can also be slid all the way forward, so you can use it as a repeatable stop for crosscuts, which I found a pretty useful feature. There are two knobs on the right side of the fence that hold the side fence in position. All in all both the main fence and the side fence feel pretty rigid and in my case were perfectly straight. E-control electronic variable speed – select the perfect speed for multiple materials including wood, laminates, plastics and aluminium. The motor has sufficient power with 1500 Watt, and the blade turns at 4200 RPM. It actually has a soft start motor, so you don’t have to worry about blowing a fuse due to a high peak in power when you turn on the saw. I also noticed with several bolts and screws that when you tighten or loosen them with a screwdriver, the head profile gets slightly damaged. This is because they are made of really soft metals (probably for cost reasons), so you need to be careful not to destroy the profile. I can imagine after some time you would need to replace some bolts as a result.Bevel cut – performed by tilting the saw blade within the bed to the required angle. Perfect for applying a bevelled edge to sheet material or long lengths of timber. Part of the CAS Cordless Alliance S ystem – allows users of this shared battery platform to work with other brands such as Mafell, Rothenberger, Trumpf and soon to be announced – Lamello. Excellent mobility - this Metabo 10 inch table saw is extremely compact and lightweightwith a trolley function (wheels and an extending handle) Integrated stand made from stable die-cast aluminium (patented): unfolded in a matter of seconds with secure stand

Mitre cut – keeping the blade at 90 degrees to the saw bed and adjusting the mitre guide to the required angle, makes table saws an excellent tool for mitre cutting. Regular users of table saws often build a fixed angled sled, which slides inside both channels of the table when wanting to make repeat mitre cuts. Step 2: From the other side of the saw, you reach underneath, releasing the clips holding each of the legs, pulling them down into positions After comparing it with a few other saws, I decided to take a bit of a gamble and go for the TS 254 M. There wasn’t much information available about it yet, but it looked better than the competition so I went for it.Obviously the perceived challenge is getting a saw like the TS254 actually set up and ready to cut.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment