276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Students Against Tyranny; The Resistance of the White Rose, Munich, 1942-1943.

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The film and TV student made headlines in his first year after his university warned students spreading Covid misinformation could face disciplinary action. I respect your right to an opinion but I would prefer that you would not talk about this near me as I find it offensive and I obviously would like to respond to this and debate you, but if I do that there’s a high chance someone will report me and say that I said something offensive so I can not risk engaging in this conversation so I would prefer that you just not talk about it”. There seems to be a cognitive dissonance between the claims of taking “responsibility” for one’s words and then denying culpability in contributing to a hostile atmosphere. The Free Speech Charter will be a tool for people in Greater Manchester to use. They’ll be able to say: ‘The Mayor of Manchester says I can say these things’.”

Eleven students at the university are facing a potential list of punishments, including everything from fines to total exclusion, for their occupation of university buildings earlier this year. They’re also meant to tell you who’s made the complaint about you, which, in this case, they weren’t doing. This is problematic as It means people John considered to be “friends” were making complaints about John’s speech and he had no idea who. This was essentially a tactic designed to silence him due to paranoia that the person he’s speaking to will report him. One day he came home with another prohibition. One of the leaders had taken away a book by his most beloved writer, Stellar Hours of Mankind by Stefan Zweig. It was forbidden, he was told. Why? There had been no answer. He heard something similar about another German writer whom he liked very much. This one had been forced to escape from Germany because he had been engaged in spreading pacifist ideas. Please note the date for the first, brand new 'East Lancs Connection' Greater Manchester-based themed outreach. Our first topic will be a familiar one of which there has been plenty of recent activity locally; we look forward to seeing you there. ❤️They were accusing me of being discriminatory and making hostile comments that made people threatened and stuff like that and I was obviously like there’s no way stuff like that has happened. Somebody must of misunderstood, so I went there thinking this was all a misunderstanding” In Manchester, on the 25th March at 1pm, outside the University on 188 Oxford Road, Students Against Tyranny will be rallying against institutionalised Marxism. But, why? For a while, things continued without too many issues, and John carried on with his coursework. The next major thing that happened was John continually being banned from things, such as the Christmas meeting, certain PhD talks, etc. The excuse that was given was, “well there’s a history of people being upset by comments that you’ve made” alongside other excuses such as “if people see you, they may get triggered, which would impact the working environment.” They would use that reasoning as essentially a shield to openly discriminate against him. With several pro-LGBTQ+ community organisations already supporting the Oxford Trans+ Pride protest, the goal for organisers is to turn it into an annual event. Christian responded to this question rationally stating, “well why are more women in nursing? Why are more men bin collectors? It’s just how society is. Different genders on average have different interests.” Unsurprisingly, this was again used against him at a disciplinary meeting to show that he was ‘discriminatory and prejudiced against women’, however, like they did previously, they had twisted what John said to fit their narrative and attempted to punish him.

According to the Manchester Mill, Christian complained to the Office of the Independent Adjudicator for Higher Education, an independent university ombudsman, who upheld the university’s decision to exclude him.Hans had assembled a collection of folk songs, and his young charges loved to listen to him singing, accompanying himself on his guitar. He knew not only the songs of Hitler Youth but also the folk songs of many peoples and many lands. How magically a Russian or Norwegian song sounded with its dark and dragging melancholy. What did it not tell us of the soul of those people and their homeland! They want to dress children up as women and tell them they’re women. It’s the sexualisation of kids. It’s teaching them that it’s normal. You’ve seen these pride parades – it’s the public display of fetishism.” The University of Manchester has said the student referred to as ‘John Christian’ left “following a formal process established to consider serious concerns relating to their conduct – this followed four previous formal processes, and a number of warnings”.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment