276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Alfred's Basic Adult All-In-One Piano Course (Alfred's Basic Adult Piano Course): Lesson * Theory * Technic, Comb Bound Book & CD: 1

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Já havia pensando em iniciar os estudos antes e esse livro me chamou a atenção pelas inúmeras avaliações positivas. One other note: My teacher has been using Faber for quite some time, but does not recommend the "Adult All-in-One" series.

If you’re only used to playing chords with your left hand, it’ll be a rude awakening when you attempt your first Baroque or Classical dance piece, where the left hand makes big leaps and follows its own path (instead of being led along by the right-hand melody). In the first Alfred Adult method book there are 12 chapters (plus an introduction) and about 63 pieces (in addition to a variety of exercises and lessons). This comprehensive course adds such features as isometric hand exercises, finger strengthening drills, and written assignments that reinforce each lesson's concepts. The other advantage of Alfred's method is that on this very forum there is a separate thread devoted for each level.If you want to have a listen to pieces from each book to see the progression and the types of pieces in each, I have made playlists of quite a few adult beginner books. Alfred's Basic Adult All-in-One Course is designed for use with a piano instructor for the beginning student looking for a truly complete piano course. It’s the book I used exclusively when I first started teaching piano, so I have a soft spot in my heart for it. A piece from the RCM Preparatory book might take two to three times as long to learn as a piece from the Alfred’s Adult book.

Not because the material is easier (it isn’t), but because most students who haven’t given up are used to the constant new challenges, and the material is starting to sound like real piano music.

A self disciplined adult can become a proficient hobby piano player following the Alfred's books "guidance"; those with concert pianist aspirations should get a good teacher. It is a greatly expanded version of Alfred's Basic Adult Piano Course that will include lesson, theory, and technique in a convenient, all-in-one" format. With Beautiful Brown Eyes it’s a combination of learning a new chord AND the ¾ time signature AND the bottom-top left-hand pattern. I got to the point where I could play the whole thing from memory and made a darn good job of it, even though I say so myself, and even being able to keep in time with recordings (Alfred Brendel!

Since all these books are interconnected, it even tells you at what page you’re ready to start a supplemental book.A quick correction: I mentioned that you could transition from the 2nd adult book to the 3rd regular book in the basic series, but having reviewed this I don’t recommend it.

Standing in the Need of Prayer * The Stranger * Tisket, a Tasket * Waltzing Chords * Waltz Time * What Can I Share * When the Saints Go Marching In * Why Am I Blue? But once you get through that stormy patch, the going is pretty good again right up to “Go Down, Moses” on page 85. The spiral-bound edition lays nice and flat but does not include the CD, not that you really need it. I agree that the alfred's method relies a bit too heavily on chords and that the pieces can be a bit cheesy.Before starting this book, I'd played guitar using tab, but could not play piano or read sheet music.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment