276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Great Granny Gang: The classic illustrated children’s book from the author of The Tiger Who Came To Tea

£3.995£7.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Judith was awarded the Booktrust Lifetime Achievement Award in 2016, and in 2019 was named Illustrator of the Year at the British Book Awards.

I’d be really hard-pressed to choose a favourite granny, though Maud repairing roads with her pneumatic drill might take some beating! Describing the various formidable grannies who make up the "gang," from Maureen the car mechanic to Beth the cattle-herder, the story next details how they foiled a group of 'hoodies' intent on robbing a bakery. Miss 4 and I like to explore different books and authors at the library, sometimes around particular topics or themes.

These 4 or 5-star reviews represent the opinions of the individuals who posted them and do not reflect the views of Etsy. At Books2Door, we believe that reading is a fundamental skill that every child should have to help improve their vocabulary, grammar, and critical thinking skills. Each chapter is packed with interactive exercises and fun activities, designed to engage young minds and make learning enjoyable. Kerr was born in Berlin but left Germany with her parents and her brother, Michael, in 1933, soon after the Nazis first came to power. I was delighted to see she had a new book out especially one with such lovely characters and whimsical illustrations.

They'll learn to tackle challenges head-on and become resilient learners, ready to take on any academic obstacle. I'm not totally happy with the demonising of hoodie wearers (thinking of those extra shy children who like to hide within their clothing). To enable personalised advertising (like interest-based ads), we may share your data with our marketing and advertising partners using cookies and other technologies. I liked spotting all of the little details in the pictures, there were so many things that made me smile. As always, I appreciate when picture books focus on the elderly as being capable of adventures and wonderful things.She left Nazi Germany with her family in 1933 and fled across Europe, eventually settling in England. The 'Great Granny Gang' not only helps your child master the curriculum but also instills invaluable life skills, including problem-solving, critical thinking, and perseverance. Personalised advertising may be considered a “sale” or “sharing” of information under California and other state privacy laws, and you may have a right to opt out. They could immediately see the humour in these dear old ladies having unexpected skills, and were giggling even before we really got to the 'story' bit. She is also the author and illustrator of numerous picture books, including The Tiger Who Came to Tea, which was first published in 1968 and has since sold more than one million copies worldwide.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment