276°
Posted 20 hours ago

My Other Husband: the heart-stopping new novel from the queen of the big reveal

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I was really excited about what I thought was being built up to, but it ended up going off on a completely different tangent to the one I was expecting. The ending hammers home with short sharp shocking chapters until I was finally able to take a huge intake of breath. Despite all of this, the pacing of the story did throw me off a bit as it didn't really hook me until a good half way through and because of this it made the big twists, turns and ending feel quite rushed. Usually, being in a library space, with the books and the atmosphere they created, acted like a shield to protect me from the excesses of being around other people.

And this (illness, mental state, obsession) played a huge part within this thriller that gripped my full attention.I have to admit the start of the book is confusing, you’re thinking how it’s going to play out but also what’s going to happen. Read more about the condition New: A new, unread, unused book in perfect condition with no missing or damaged pages. My Other Husband is like a gigantic puzzle of obsession, control, secret lives, and past crimes, and I absolutely loved how the pieces slowly came together as we moved between past and present to unravel Cleo’s mindblowing past. Bringing it back to present day and Cleo has moved on, she’s now married to Wallace but he’s connected to her past in such a way that it’s impossible that the past will not come back to haunt Cleo.

Who is trying to frame Cleo and just why is she pressing self-destruct on a life she is seemingly happy with? The twist didn’t make any sense and by the time it was finally revealed I had lost all interest and just wanted to get to the end as quick as possible.The dangerous obsession within the relationship of husband and wife and the guilt when the wife found out…. Without giving anything away, the makers of the film ended up taking the easy way out rather than resolving this love triangle in a satisfactory manner.

Why has she told the TV company that no more shows will be made, and why on earth is she divorcing Wallace?Once I had finished this course, I was going to make sure I had all the tools to start and finish a book. Never one to rest on her laurels, Dorothy Koomson really takes things to another level with My Other Husband. By bidding on, or purchasing this item, you are agreeing to us sharing your name and address details with that 3rd party supplier to allow us to fulfil our contractual obligations to you. A clever and multi-layered dark thriller, My Other Husband is a gripping read that left me gasping in shock more than once.

Dorothy was featured on the 2021 Powerlist as one of the most influential Black people in Britain and appeared in GQ Style as a Black British trailblazer. The many time changes and the different points of view made this difficult to follow at times as I found myself flicking back a few pages to check when the previous chapter was set.This was my first Koomson book (even though I've had one of her previous books on my shelf for the last 11 years, it's moved with me 7 times! In My Other Husband, Dorothy captures the cute awkwardness of a university romance and puts it up against mature endearing marital love. Nevertheless I enjoyed it and will be reading more of her books now, starting with the one I already own.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment