276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Goose Island Midway Session IPA Craft Beer Cans, 12 x 330ml

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

In addition to a reshuffle of its top ten selling pub pours, the UK’s craft beer sector has seen brands transform under the strain of the Covid-19 pandemic. Goose Island IPA is a 5.9% alcohol Indian Pale Ale. It was really easy to pour, and has a nice colour. Additionally, Beavertown unveiled ‘London’s largest brewery’ – Beaverworld​– allowing 90,000,000 pints to be produced a year, 10 times more than at its previous home, in late August.

This beer has been aged in oak with applewood chips at our Chicago Brewery for a distinctive character and depth of flavour The term “session” refers to beers that have all the taste of a regular IPA, but with a lower ABV of around 3-5%, which make them suited to long hot summer afternoons. Light, crisp and punchy, a session IPA tends to express tropical holiday-esque aromas and a fruity, hoppy flavour. You can see why it’s our drink of choice for the summer months, but it's also a great beer for parties. What food goes well with IPA beer? Lovers of American craft beer can rejoice because Goose Island has landed on our shores and will be available in select venues as of Friday 21 April. To celebrate the landing, Goose Island will be putting on a ‘Hoppy Hour’ at select venues in Melbourne and Sydney where the Midway IPA will be available courtesy of Goose from 6pm until the kegs run out.Designed for an all-day “session”, this class of beer won’t leave you with the same level of hangover as drinking something a whole lot stronger, leaving you clear headed enough for that early morning training session (or that’s the idea anyway). And because low-alcohol beer tends to have fewer calories, it can also help to reduce your calorie intake. For the purposes of this test, we’ve tried beers ranging from as low as 0.3% ABV (which is classed as non-alcoholic), through to 5% (which is slightly pushing the boundaries of what a session IPA truly is, but is still pretty light in the grand scheme of things). What does session IPA taste like?

The two brews maintained berths in the top three following significant investment in from Camden Town Brewery owners Budweiser Brewing Group. However, a 1,400% increase in online sales​at craft brewer Jubel put the independent beer maker in a strong position to support its on-trade partners once pubs reopen, according to co-founder Jesse Wilson. I was never really into the whole ale thing, and just drank the usual lager you’d find in most bars or shops. But then I kind of wanted to experiment a bit. Craft brewing wasn’t widely known at the time, but upon return from his European sojourn, John set out to change all that. He settled down in his hometown of Chicago—a city perfect for craft beer, with rapidly evolving tastes and the largest system of fresh water on the planet. And then he got to brewing.It tastes really nice. It’s very smooth and easy to drink, and you can forget that this is almost 6% in a can. You’d not want to drink too many of these, but I think that it would be pretty easy to. Ken Stout, the President & General Manager of Goose Island, said they are very proud and excited to introduce Goose Island to the great beer lovers of Australia. It’s a good IPA to drink when you want to have just a couple, or even just one. Goose Island Midway IPA

Paying tribute to its Chicago roots, Goose Island’s Midway IPA is sessionable, refreshing and easy drinking. This would make for a great Craft Beer Gift for all Beer lovers First he made some stellar beer. Then he invited his consumers in to watch his process at the brewery, bringing them behind the scenes every step of the way. The result was a new fascination with craft brewing, and beer that not only catered to people’s tastes, but challenged them as well. Jared Jankoski, Goose Island’s Brewmaster, said: “Goose Island Midway IPA is a lighter bodied dry hopped beer that we would call a ‘session IPA’ in the US. It has a pleasant balancing malt character, low to moderate bitterness and a unique, bright tropical hop aroma derived primarily from Mosaic hops. The result is very refreshing and enjoyable beer with a great hop aroma.” The phrase IPA stands for India Pale Ale, and sits within the pale ale category (beer brewed with mostly pale malts). Carlton & United Breweries (CUB) will be handling the distribution of Goose Island in Australia, but the local brewing of the beer will be overseen by the Chicago team to “ensure that it meets the high standard that the Goose team have set for themselves”.Over the past few months I have been thinking about trying new beer. You’ll have to forgive me, when I say beer I am using the word for all “ale”, so I apologise for that off the bat.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment