276°
Posted 20 hours ago

RØDE SC3 3.5mm TRRS to TRS Adaptor, Modem

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

On my Dell, when I plug in the TRRS cable, MaxxAudio pops up asking what I plugged in. The options are:

As you can see with the differentconnections listed above, it’s important to pay attention to what type of cable is required for your microphone and recording device. There’s nothing more frustrating than trying to plug in your mic and realising your cable is the wrong kind!The SC9 is a TRRS to TRRS cable designed to connect a wide range of audio devices. At 1.5 metres long, it is particularly suitable for connecting a smartphone to the RØDECaster Pro. SC10 – 3.5mm TRRS to TRRS Cable The letter T stands for Tip, and the R stands for Ring (like a ring on your finger, not like ringing the telephone). I recently got a Dell laptop with TRRS connector. I got a CTIA adapter with male TRRS that plugs into the Dell. On the other end there are 2 female 3.5mm connectors, labeled Earphone & Microphone. The earphones work fine in stereo. The stereo line in feed is converted to mono, merging both channels together.

The older OMTP wiring standard calls for Tip to be used for left audio, Ring 1 to be used for right audio, ring 2 to be used for microphone, and the sleeve to be used for ground. According to my research, this older OMTP standard is found in old Nokia (and also Lumia starting from the 2nd generation), old Samsung (2012 Chromebooks), old Sony Ericsson (2010 and 2011 Xperias), Sony (PlayStation Vita) and the OnePlus One I used to own before migrating to a Nexus 6 for use with Project Fi. I have a real old pc with seperate headphone out 3.5mm female and stereo line in. Works perfect in audacity, can monitor stereo line in, in headphones.There are even more types of adapters that enable compatibility with TRRS smartphones. TRRS to USB-C adapters, TRRS to Lightning adapters, TRRS to TS adapters . . . the list goes on. Whatever device you choose to connect with your smartphone, odds are that there is an adapter cable to make that happen. As of today, all popular Android devices branded Samsung, LG, Motorola, Google Nexus, HTC, Huawei, Sony, Lenovo, Xiaomi and more, use this standard. Our friends at the MOTIV team at Shure has come up with an ingenious way of combatting the error many of my friends have innocently made by plugging in their earbuds/mic —or even a high-end Bose headset with mic— with TRRS plug when they weren’t supposed to do that. Mic in; Line in; Headphones (then Earbuds; On-ear; over-ear); Headset (with same 3 options above); External Speakers. Even more surprising to me: by connecting the free male RCA connector to any of the two connected ones, I get a huge boost in power (though not in all frequencies). I realize this is just shorting out two channels, right?

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment