276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Corsair iCUE QL120 RGB, 120 mm RGB LED PWM Fans (102 Individually Addressable RGB LEDs, Speeds Up to 1,500 RPM, Low-Noise) Triple Pack with iCUE Lighting Node CORE Included - Black

£67.495£134.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

All of the fans are connected to lighting node cores and controlled through icue. There are 6 fans on one LNC and 4 fans on another; they are definitely not overloaded and I have tested the ports they are plugged into. There really isn't anything unusual about my setup, I don't think. Everything else about the fans, including all of the other LEDs, appears to be functioning just fine. Just wondering if anyone else has encountered this. I've searched for the issue and it does not appear anyone else has posted about this problem. I hope the following will help anyone in the future. If you have a faulty LEDs on a fan plugged in to the Commander Core on rgb header number 1 any other fan LEDs plugged in to that Commander Core will either do strange things or stop working altogether. If the faulty fan is on rgb header 2 number 1 will work fine if it's not faulty but any others (3 to 6) won't. Hope that make sense

You should choose your RGB fan based on their lighting and appearance. Differences in actual cooling performance are small and hard to distinguish. You did not mention what CPU you are planning to use, but even with a high watt model the difference between 3xQL120 and 3xML120 on the radiator might be 1.5C at like speeds. That's a fairly small trade-off for to get the lighting you want. Case fans are likely to be even less influential. It is very difficult to make noticeable changes in ambient temperature if the speeds remain the same. If you intend to actually run a fan at 2400 rpm, then that is a different matter. Aside from that, you sometimes get fans that have the exact right airflow angle to strike a temperature sensitive piece of hardware, like m.2 drives or RAM. Those are instances where one fan may have a clear cooling benefit over another, but it is very difficult to predict and extremely case and locations specific. A ML120-RGB maxes out around 1600 rpm. A non-RGB ML-120 Pro maxes out at 2400 rpm. Otherwise it is the same blade and frame which means the results are exactly the same at 1500 rpm and lower. This means the 2400 rpm version is only "better" if you are willing to push those 2000+ rpm speeds. For most users attaining the highest possible fan speed is not on the list of things to do. It's particularly noticeable because I have my fans set to static white, with some overlaying patterns - the bulb shows as pink (see photo). Interestingly, with all 3 they seem to be fine, until all of a sudden this problem shows up when I turn the PC on. After running for some time, the bulb appears to "fix" itself. This continues for days to weeks until it progresses eventually to breaking entirely and just stays pink/whatever color minus green at all times.Will wiring be a nightmare? I think I'll need one or two PWM hubs for the QL120s to plug into the Commander Core. Does this make sense? Hi just registered as found this forum when searching for my problem. I was given 2 sets of QL 120mm LED fans as a present last Christmas and recently they have all been doing strange things and sometimes all the fan LEDs would stop working. The actual fan still works as intended.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment