276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Onkyo SKS-HT588(B) 5.1.2 Channel Home Cinema Speaker System (6-piece), Dolby Atmos Capable, 130 Watt Power Handling, 80 Watt Active Subwoofer, Surround Speaker Wall-Mountable, Black

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

You might have a question that is scratching you from the very beginning, well let’s find out the answer. Why I need a receiver? It is easy as it is heard. Through Zone A and Zone B you can use both at a time. Best for small rooms or large rooms? The receiver is a combination of the amp, pre-amp, input selection, tuner so many things. Perfect for home theater, music and others. Simply it decodes the input signal and makes the signal more powerful and great. The connections are sufficient for pairing with several devices or speakers. For a receiver, it is not mandatory to have lots of connections when a few can cover the whole connection system. have your unit serviced as often as you wish, free of charge, during the 6 year period. (Normally excluded from extended guarantees).

Onkyo TX-NR509 Owners Thread | Page 24 | AVForums Onkyo TX-NR509 Owners Thread | Page 24 | AVForums

Making sure the quality of sound remains high throughout the range, the centre and rear speakers are acoustically matched to the fronts. The crucial centre speaker is a two-way, bass reflex design that offers crisp, detailed sound that's essential for clear dialogue. But this does not mean you will not be able to connect to today’s gaming system, or speakers even streaming devices. Because of the HDMI and USB, you can easily connect them. This receiver just plugs and enjoys the process. But there is also an alternative if the option to add speakers on your ceiling is out of the question. Manufacturers understand that your house is not an ideal environment as a cinema is so they had to become creative in this regard. And for this reason they created front speakers with an extra driver that are targeting the ceiling of you room. The sound that emits from these up-firing drivers will bounce on the ceiling and will come down to you as if they would originally come from the top. Now this technology may not produce the same results as having dedicated ceiling speakers, but it gives most people an alternative if they are not able to place these extra sound sources.

Besides the Onkyo TX-SR494 gives the fantastic sound quality there are also some extra benefits you can enjoy. Spend alone time with your favorite music or spread the loudest music into your whole house. Spend some private time with your favorite music With PS5 all is working but i think it’s only because PS5 doesn’t support dolby vision…the only thing i can’t understand is that if i connect the ps5 directly to the tv the output is rgb 12b 4l8, but if i connect it to the sync box it will be YCBCR422 8b (like the fire cube with the enhanced dolby enabled). Every HDMI input supports the same signal that your old receiver may not. So, there is no worry about which port you are plugging into. So, set your mind if you are willing to go with it or not. But one thing for sure this receiver won’t make you disappoint you at all. FAQ Today a great problem for many is the TV show. There the dialogue sometimes hears messy means they don’t hear clearly. And the solution is with Onkyo TX-SR494 with the DSP-controlled Vocal enhancer feature.

Onkyo SKS-HT588 user manual (English - 4 pages)

Obviously the most straightforward option is to add speakers on the ceiling in either a two or four channels configurations. This provides the best solution as the sound source is really where it should and you get better resolution and clarity from the Atmos effects.

A very frequent question we were hearing was “How do I position my speakers to have the best sound?”. This question was already difficult because of the different speakers setups that existed up to now with the most common ones being 5.1 and 7.1 channels setups (we will explain in a bit what these numbers mean). And with the different rooms each user had things were not as clear cut as we would like. The Onkyo SKSHT588 5.1.2 Dolby Atmos system for example is one and this is a great setup if you are looking at an entry level quality speaker setup that supports the new formats. Although it has only 2 up firing front speakers it really fills the area above the ear level and creates a far better hearing experience than the normal 5.1 setup. You can read my review on this speakers setup HERE. Lastly, the Zone B line out, powered Zone B, and HDCP 2.2 technology is everything you need to have an efficient connection system. Breathtaking Audio Quality With Onkyo TX-SR494 With fire cube connected to the hue box my LG G1 displays the video output as rgb 8b tm - 3840x2160p - 60hz fixed, the colors are amazing and dolby vision works correctly, but lights won’t sync. Now if you go for dedicated speaker setups you don’t need any specific speakers types as any speaker looking downward can do the job. It all depends on the quality and the looks of the speakers you will choose. But if you choose a setup that has up firing speakers integrated in the main speakers then your options are more limited but still you have enough options to choose from depending on size and quality.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment