276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Salt of the Earth Natural Deodorant 90g

£12.5£25.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The use of crystal deodorants isn’t a new discovery: according to historical texts, the Romans were well aware of deodorising effect of alum. The company says its products are 100% natural, free from preservatives, alcohol, artificial fragrance and palm oil, and are registered with The Vegan Society.

The brand claims Akt, developed by two West End dancers, has been tested on more than 1,000 professional dancers and athletes. It's claimed to be plastic, aluminium and cruelty-free and to absorb both wetness and odours (although it stops short of classing itself as an antiperspirant).

Rewards For Life

Applying the Classic Crystal deodorant isn't quite as straightforward as a standard roll-on – but it's still pretty easy. The Salt of the Earth Deodorant Crystal is totally fragrance-free, so I’m finding that if I do sweat a lot during certain parts of the day I simply cool off and can still go about my day without smelling bad at all. Week 5 & 6 – Can it handle a UK heatwave? There are also fears that aluminium found in everyday items such as aluminium cans, antacids and antiperspirants could cause Alzheimer's. But the Alzheimer's Society says: 'No convincing relationship between amount of exposure or aluminium in the body and the development of Alzheimer's disease has been established.' Users of Fit Pit in the office had mixed opinions on it. Some told us it was 'effective and long lasting' but 'can be a bit messy to apply'.

Aluminium spray cans often have some plastic parts, such as nozzles and lids, that are harder to recycle, while aerosol sprays have their own environmental implications.

Cons

My first impression after taking it out of the container is that it literally looks and feels like a large, smooth chunk of salt. I was admittedly apprehensive of how effective this would be. As for its eco credentials, Akt has a stylish recyclable aluminium tube and cap, and comes in cardboard boxes. There may be some odour at first (full disclosure: you may smell 'funkier' than usual) but after a few weeks, your body settles down and you'll be able to feel the benefits of your new deodorant. Another said they liked it for really hot days as you don't get the creamy residue you can get with some paste or cream formulas, though they did find it slightly more irritating on freshly shaved skin. One user said: 'I've used this one and found it very capable of handling odours across everyday and more strenuous activities, like running, hiking and holidays in the sun, and it lasts for an absolute age.'

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment