276°
Posted 20 hours ago

I Love You, Blue Kangaroo!

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

An introductory tale about the impact plastic waste has on the ocean is told through a lighthouse keeper's friendship with a whale named Blue. Team Margot call to action: if you’re mixed race, we urgently need your help – you could be a match for Lara & others like her Lily’s favourite toy is Blue Kangaroo and she takes him to bed every night. Friends and relatives keep adding to her collection of cuddly toys until gradually Blue Kangaroo is ousted. The way he is returned to first place in her favour brings a very satisfactory resolution to the story, reminiscent of Shirley Hughes’ Dogger. A patterned text with a cumulative element reflected in the cameo pictures of Blue Kangaroo looking increasingly worried is set below pictures of Lily’s increasingly crowded bed.

I Love You, Blue Kangaroo | The Story Museum

A favourite bedtime story, gently told and beautifully illustrated. Children and parents will recognise and relate to the importance of a favourite toy.It’s World Blood Cancer Day & 500 pubs and bars are making their mark by supporting ‘Pinkspiration Week’

I Love You, Blue Kangaroo! by Emma Chichester Clark - Waterstones

I Love You Blue is a very good books to help teach children the importance of keeping our oceans clean for all people and sea life. Team Margot is Secretariat for the All-Party Parliamentary Group: Ethnicity Transplantation and Transfusion Although the story or the illustrations didn't blow me away, I loved that this was about a child caring about what is happening in the ocean. A boy meets a whale who is full of plastic bags. He decides to speak out about what is happening to the ocean and the sea creatures. One day at sea, a lighthouse keeper is caught in a storm and saved by a whale. When he goes to look for the whale, he finds it has been affected by pollution. He wants to help his new whale friend. Grocery bags, being the main thing in the whale's mouth, was so sad to see, as I know it’s the tragic reality.And thank you to Abi, Gretchen & Emma for reading it so beautifully at Margot’s funeral service in November. Blauw, ik hou van jou’ is inmiddels in vele talen uitgegeven. De Nederlandse vertaling uit het Engels is van Irene Kunst. Een tekst die kinderen goed kunnen begrijpen en bij herhaaldelijk voorlezen zelf zullen herhalen.

I Love You, Blue Kangaroo! - Andersen Press I Love You, Blue Kangaroo! - Andersen Press

Try hot-seating the characters in the story to find out their feelings about what happened. How did Blue Kangaroo feel at different points? Did Lily realise that Blue Kangaroo was feeling upset? This is a poignant story about a little boy caught in a storm; when “the ocean roars and rages” he cries for help and is rescued by a whale named Blue. One day when Blue does not come, the child dives into the ocean to find him. When Blue opens his mouth to say “AAAH”, the boy discovers a “belly full of bags”, which the child works to haul away, rescuing the whale in return. Have the ‘heart to heart’ conversations with your loved ones during Organ Donation Week and #LeaveThemCertain A simple and sweet story of environmentalism and friendship, I LOVE YOU, BLUE is a poignant and evocative picture book that will work well for toddlers on up.

Author

Het verhaal wordt in korte duidelijke zinnen verteld. Tekst en beeld zijn goed op elkaar afgestemd. Can you perform the story? Use the text and the speech to rehearse and present the story to an audience. Every night Blue Kangaroo falls fast asleep, cuddled in Lily's arms. But as new toy animals start arriving, Blue Kangaroo worries that there just isn't enough room for him anymore. When he goes missing, Lily looks everywhere for him and it turns out NONE of the other toys means as much to her as her first and favourite Blue Kangaroo.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment