276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Fibre Fuelled: The Plant-Based Gut Health Plan to Lose Weight, Restore Health and Optimise Your Microbiome

£6.495£12.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Foods devoid of fiber and stripped away from their fiber matrix will feed dysbiotic bacteria and it's as simple as that. Your Most Important Bacteria The good news is that medical health breakthroughs are continuously providing us with new information to help restore and optimize gut function. When it comes to learning about our digestive health, and the little creatures living in our guts known as microbes, knowledge is expanding. What Are Microbes and How Do They Impact Gut Health?

One of the problems of the American diet is that we eat to feed anxiety and self-hatred, knowing full well that we're poisoning ourselves. Often _eating poorly is the point_. We use food as a proxy for self-harm.Imagine reading 600 medical studies on gut health. Well you don’t have to. Dr B has taken all the science (the real stuff, not the studies endorsed by for profit companies, or spanning one week with 2 people), and compiled it in laymen’s terms. As we can see from the image above, the gut microbiota floats above the mucus layer. Good bacteria will turn on the genes; Muc2 and Fut2, improving the strength go the gut mucus layer. (Image from :Schroeder, Bjoern O. “Fight them or feed them: how the intestinal mucus layer manages the gut microbiota.” Gastroenterology Report 7 (2019): 3 - 12.) The last half of the book is an actual day by day four week eating regimen, complete with shopping lists and lists of needed pantry items. If you need that kind of rigorous structure to clean up your eating and your microbiome, that is probably an additional benefit and appeal of this book. Otherwise, it's just a bunch of pricey and sometimes complicated recipes. There is a direct connection between your gut microbiota and your immune system. They exist in close proximity to one another. And here's the thing, you've probably heard of probiotics, but have you heard anything about prebiotics? What are Probiotics and Prebiotics?

I was 50lbs overweight with a saggy gut hanging over my belly. It was sobering. This was not the person I remembered from years past. I’d always thought of myself as an athlete, but the blood pressure pills sitting on the sink were a harsh reminder of how much had changed. I was anxious and depressed. I had low self-esteem and low energy. I was addicted to unhealthy food and the fleeting joy it brought me. We’ve made health too complicated with our extensive lists of foods to avoid, complex percentages of fats-to-protein-to-carb ratios, elimination diets, calorie counting, even weighing our food—and despite all these rules, we’re not getting any better. It just doesn’t need to be this complicated. Diversity of plants. That’s it. That’s all you have to remember. Done. No more annoying food lists. If you follow this one rule, it will lead you to better health. And it will always be the truth no matter what happens: No matter what changes on this planet or in our lifestyles, this core tenet of better health will stay the same.” We can begin to experience true healing when our gut microbes are producing the optimal ratios of SCFAs, especially Butyrate.UPDATE: after mystery distension snd constipation for 2 years despite eating 100g of fiber from whole plants, I learned from my GI (and experimentation) fiber supplements recommended here and fermented things exacerbate the issue; avoid until you’re “cleared out” You’ve probably heard that consuming enough fiber is important for your health. But what’s all the fuss? And how do you get more fiber? Health Benefits of Fiber I completed a bachelor’s degree from Vanderbilt University, an MD from Georgetown University, and a master’s in clinical investigation from Northwestern University. The gut mucus layer is comprised of what are called “glycoproteins," otherwise known as “mucins.” Mucins are long chain sugars that are attached to a single protein.

All of the following plant-based recipes contain at least 6 grams of fiber per serving. Breakfast, lunch or dinner, and desserts included (yes, dessert can have fiber, too).

You can start right now.

There are many side effects of having poor gut health. A relatively common condition is "leaky gut." This is a condition where small pieces of food penetrate the intestinal wall, and enter the bloodstream. They certainly don't belong there. This infiltration triggers a cascade of events - all of which are bad news for us. This is simply a glimpse into the fiber fueled plan and its healing journey. All things are interchangeable. There is no right or wrong, just you and achieving a healthy gut. Now that we understand the true importance of fiber in the diet, we can begin to move on to a powerful, plant-based healing journey. The New York Times bestselling plant-based plan to heal your gut with fibre and restore good health, from award-winning gastroenterologist Dr Will Bulsiewicz. Many of us may try very hard to be healthy, and opt for healthier options for what we eat. However, if the gut isn't happy, essential nutrients can't get to our cells, and we continue to feel tired and unwell.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment