276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Murder After the Night Before: Don’t miss this slick and utterly gripping thriller for 2023!

£4.995£9.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

When she gets to work, before her BFF at work can say anything, Molly is summoned into see the Boss. This is where Molly discovers that she's gone viral - and not in a good way. Plot-wise, this was excellent: a cast of characters who were all distinct and easy to remember, and all suspicious enough to warrant an imaginary question mark over their heads; the murderer could have been any of them. Brent’s debut, How To Kill Men and Get Away With It, was one of my favourite reads last year with its dark humour and witty writing style so I was excited to see what her second book was like. What follows next is a twisty tale that has Molly put the pieces together to prove to the police that her roommate was murdered.

The Murder After the Night Before by Katy Brent | Waterstones

Katy's writing is witty and relatable, it's a book that most young women can identify with. We've all had a bit too much to drink on a night out and regretted our actions but perhaps not to the same length that Molly does. The main character, Molly Monroe, is so well portrayed as a talented, determined, flawed and resilient woman. Her reactions to the worst night of her life being followed immediately by her finding her best friend Posey dead were believable and affecting. As I reader, I immediately felt protective of her and was cheering her on as she uncovered more and more of the truth. I felt like I was investigating journalist Posey’s last story with her and could barely put my kindle down! Its the night of the office party for a girls magazine. Molly Monroe is out to celebrate. However, she over indulges and awakes the next morning with no recollection of the night before and with a stranger in her bed. Dragging herself to work she discovers she is an internet sensation. Manly due to an X-rated video that has hit the media. She is sent home and just wants to talk to her flatmate Posey. However, Posey is missing and she is soon to be discovered dead. It's these celebrations that set off a catastrophic chain of events for Molly - she ends up trending on social media due to being caught performing an act outside of a bar on an unidentified man. However, this is just the start of Molly's problems - who is the man that she has woken up to, where is her flatmate and why does the next-door neighbour think she is another slag? The same day, she finds her best friend Posey, a talented journalist, dead in the bath. And Molly is the only one who believes that Posey did not die accidentally that her death is somehow linked to the investigation of a teenager's disappearance that Posey had been investigating.I hadn’t intended to kill him of course. But I wasn’t displeased when I did and, despite the mess I made, I appeared to get away with it.

The Murder After the Night Before – HarperCollins Publishers UK

I really loved Katy Brent's first book, which I still think is the best in the recently mushrooming "female vigilante story with humour" genre, so I was excited to have the opportunity to read her latest book. And I have to say Brent has followed up an excellent debut novel with an equally good follow up in this, her second book. Katy Brent's second novel is just as good as her debut - 'How to Kill Men and Get Away With It' - if not better. I’ve woken up with the hangover from hell, a stranger in my bed, and I’ve gone viral for the worst reasons. A flawlessly plotted murder mystery. Devilishly brilliant. I loved it!’ Sarah Bonner, author of Her Perfect TwinWhat a ride! Unflinchingly realistic and raw but somehow also brilliantly funny at times, Brent's novel is a must-read’ Jesse Sutanto, author of Vera Wong’s Unsolicited Advice for Murderers Once again, Katy Brent has shown her immense talent at writing dark humour with a thought-provoking core’ Sarah Clarke, author of A Mother Never Lies I found the humour to be spot on and liked the commentary on slut shaming. However, things started to get a little too unbelievable for me at points, which was a real shame. I said earlier this year when I listened to ‘How to Kill Men and Get Away With It’ by Katy Brent, that I just knew she would be one of my new favourite authors. I received an ARC of her new book after requesting it on NetGalley, and after inhaling the whole thing in one sitting, I just knew my earlier statement was completely correct. Her debut book was one of my favourite reads so far this year, and this one may or may not have topped it. Once I saw that I had a chance to read this book early I just had to have it, but now I’m gutted that I’ve already finished it and have nothing else to read from this author :( I enjoyed ‘How To Kill Men And Get Away With It’ and so I knew I was in for a treat, but wasn’t necessarily expecting this to become one of my favourite reads of the year… It 100% did.

How to Kill Men and Get Away With It: A deliciously dark

Molly wakes up with the hangover from hell after a messy work Christmas do to find a man in her bed she doesn’t recognise, no battery on her phone and no recollection of her night out. Being a man I really shouldn't like this book. Well I didn't like it. I loved it! Oh I just couldn't stop reading this.’ NetGalley reviewer, ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Praise for The Murder After the Night Before : ‘What a ride! Unflinchingly realistic and raw but somehow also brilliantly funny at times, Brent's novel is a must-read’ Jesse Sutanto, author of Vera Wong’s Unsolicited Advice for MurderersI absolutely adored Katy Brent's debut novel, How to Kill Men and Get Away With It, so I was beyond excited to read her next release. There’s only one thing stopping me from dying of shame. I need to find a killer. Praise for The Murder After the Night Before : Determined to find out what happened, Molly begins to explore the same reach that Posey had been following. And eventually, she finds out just how Posey ended up as she did...

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment