276°
Posted 20 hours ago

WORX 40V Cordless 34cm Lawn Mower WG779E with 2 x 2.5Ah Batteries & Dual Port Charger, Cutting Height 20-70mm Powershare 30L Grass Bag Cutting Width Up to 280m²

£124.995£249.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Not only are you getting a precision cut with this mower but you’ll also notice that it features six cutting height positions so you’re free to get your lawn looking exactly how you want it – if the WORX WG743E.1 is anything, it’s versatile. In comparison, the Flymo Mighti-Mo 300 takes the same 2 hours to charge as the WG779E.2 but the the WORX will last longer with the ability to cut a lawn up to 350 m². This is surprising as the Flymo Mighti-Mo 300 weighs 3 kg less than the WG779E.2.

After giving the WORX WG779E.2 cordless lawn mower a thorough testing on my lawn, I’m well impressed with its performance. This mower is lightweight yet robust, making it a breeze to manoeuvre around landscaping and use for the full mowing session. Its build quality feels rather sturdy for the price point. The cutting diameter of the mower may seem a little on the small size with only a 34cm mowing capability. Now, compared to its counterparts with widths of up to 43cm, this might be a potential disadvantage; however it could also be beneficial if it’s to be used in smaller areas and lawns with narrow strips. It lets you choose to cut from anywhere between 20mm to 70mm with 6 separate cutting lengths. Just make sure you don’t set it at the shortest setting from the start when the lawn has significant growth, instead start at a higher setting and gradually work your way down. This gives the areas of small grass time to catch up with the long, resulting in a more even and healthy looking lawn.

Mark Haley

This is a compact mower for small gardens. It’s only 33cm wide and around 1.2m long when fully assembled with the handle attached. It’s powered by a single 20V, 4.0A battery, which might lead you to suspect that it’s going to be a weedy effort that will choke up at its first bite of grass. However, Worx has used an energy-efficient brushless motor, which should – theoretically – increase both its cutting power and runtime. Higher settings a good choice for lower maintenance gardeners that mow less frequently. Keep the blade hight and you won’t remove too much grass at any one time, avoiding issues like scalping while encouraging healthy lawn development.

On the contrary, as someone who has reviewed a few cordless mowers, the WG779E.2 outperforms its competitors in this department. The mower comes with two 2.0A or 4.0A batteries, and both are interchangeable with other Worx products, which is a nice bonus if you’re already invested in their power tool range. For instance, if you buy this mower and then decide you need a hedge trimmer, you can buy a compatible WORX tool without the battery to save some cash. If you buy this tool with a battery, you can use it to further increase the runtime on your mower. Cutting Width The Worx WG779E.2 comes with a dual charger and two 20V batteries. Depending on where you buy it, these batteries will be either 2.0Ah or 4.0Ah and we were supplied with the 4.0Ah battery pair. Both will result in the same power, but the 4.0Ah battery will mean you can work at high power for longer.Also, there is absolute convenience working with this machine because you won’t be struggling with a heavy mower. It is environmental-friendly, quieter, and safer with low maintenance costs. With a properly-positioned large central handle, you won’t have issues carrying this 13kg lawnmower to the shed or garage. Safety Features You wouldn’t expect a modern lawn mower to be without a mulching mode and the WORX WG734E.1 doesn’t disappoint. It features a handy mulching mode that can be easily activated leaving you with perfect mulch for your garden every time. If you’re looking for a cordless lawn mower that offers the ability to create stripes on the lawn then the WORX WG743E.1, unfortunately, won’t cut it. However, if this is the only downfall, we’re confident that it isn’t the end of the world. Those who have tested it found no fault in its cutting and liked how easy it was to store. While the charge time is agreed to be quite long for the 4.0Ah batteries, the pay off is a very long battery life that is plenty for most gardens. Reviewers also agreed that it was light and represented great value for money.

As mentioned before, you can use Turbo or Eco modes to cut your lawn. I have used both and find the Eco mode is sufficient for regular summer cuts. I think I might need Turbo for the first cut after winter and would use it for cutting meadow-like lawns. Having not tested this mower on wet grass, I can't say how it performs, but based on the first mow (of a rather unruly lawn) I don't think it will struggle too much.

A cracking compact mower for small gardens even if it’s short on stamina

This is a relatively lightweight piece of garden equipment that can be easily folded away in between uses. Furthermore, the WORX WG743E.1 boasts an edging ability that truly is second to none – never again will you have portions of uncut grass around the perimeter of the lawn.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment