276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Incredible Book Eating Boy

£3.995£7.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

This is such a charming book! I've read it to grades Kinder - 5th grade. Story line is fun and engaging. Art work is detailed and may need to be shown on an overhead projector if shared with an audience.

Your children are such great artists! I love their work. An illustrator I would like to recommend is Jeannie Baker. Her latest book, Mirror, is a true masterpiece in my opinion. I think the kids will love to examine her techniques and try for themselves. Also, take a look at Ellie Sandall's Birdsong (UK writer/illustrator.)

One day Henry decides to actually try reading one of his half-eaten books and a whole new world opens up before him. He realises that reading books can still make him the smartest person on earth, but just not quite as speedily as his previous method! Sumptuously produced, with quirky, collage style illustrations, this homage to books will find fans in children and adults alike. El increible niño comelibros" es un libro estupendo para todas las edades, y por eso me encantó el autor, sus cuentos parecen ser para niños, pero tienen mensajes ocultos entre páginas y palabras que hacen que incluso a los adultos nos lleguen sus historias directo al corazón, y obviamente a los niños les saca más de un risa. READ BY JIM BROADBENT! Henry loves books… but not like you and I. He loves to EAT books! This exciting new story follows the trials and tribulations of a boy with a voracious appetite for books.

Soon his knowledge knows no bounds. This rapid consumption of literature eventually becomes too much for Henry to handle and his learning gets all mixed up; the book eating has to stop. El profesor del taller nos contó "El corazón y la botella" del mismo autor y quede prendada jajaja ❤️... así que como es lógico suponer tuve que adquirir obligadamente algunos libros del autor y este quedó entre los elegidos. Jeffers was born in Australia in 1977 and brought up in Belfast. He studied visual communication at the University of Ulster, and graduated in 2001. Jeffers became passionate about making picture books when he began to understand the subtle relationship between words and pictures –‘that was what excited me. Until I got really involved, I hadn't realised how just a few words can totally change the meaning of a picture.’ Now living in New York, he works as a painter, designer, printmaker and installation artist, but remains very busy making picture books.A story about possibilities and disappointments with a triumphant ending, all of which Jeffers captures through the beautifully expressive changing moods of his little boy.' Algo que me gusta mucho, es como las imágenes y las palabras se apoyan mutuamente sin caer en la redundancia, es decir, muchas veces las palabras te dicen algo y las imágenes en lugar de solamente reafirmarlo, te dan más información. Lo que pienso es muy bueno cuando se le está leyendo a un niño, ya que es tan importante que ponga atención a lo que escucha como a lo que ve. Henry loves books… but not like you and I. He loves to EAT books! This exciting story follows the trials and tribulations of a boy with a voracious appetite for books.

Conocí a Oliver Jeffers en un taller de cuenta cuentos que realicé hace poco y fue amor a primera vista 😍. In 2007, Jeffers was the official illustrator for World Book Day, and in 2008 Lost and Found became Oliver's first book to made into animation by London-based Studio AKA. I read a review by a friend and said I got to read that. Got a library copy and read it to myself. Read it to my four-year old grandson, who though he can't read yet, loved it. My eight-year old grandson laughed out loud at it.Common Sense is the nation's leading nonprofit organization dedicated to improving the lives of all kids and families by providing the trustworthy information, education, and independent voice they need to thrive in the 21st century. Such a cute concept teamed with witty, original and very clever illustrations. Witty and clever author. What a pleasure. Recommended for all book lovers young and old. Please, just no biting the book!

Praise for 'How to Catch a Star': 'The best recent picture book by light years, is stylishly spellbinding. If the title sounds magical and optimistic to you, it's probably because that's exactly what this book is.' STORY READ BY JIM BROADBENT! Henry loves books! but not like you and I. He loves to EAT books! This exciting new story follows the trials and tribulations of a boy with a voracious appetite for books. Henry discovers his unusual taste by mistake one day, and is soon swept up in his new-found passion -- gorging on every delicious book in sight! And better still, he realises that the more books he eats, the smarter he gets. Henry dreams of becoming the Incredible Book Eating Boy; the smartest boy in the world! But a book-eating diet isn't the healthiest of habits, as Henry soon finds out!This story is about Henry who really, really, really enjoys ALL sorts of books...But...he enjoys the books a little different from you and I. In fact he EATS any sort of book he can find, especially the red ones! This allows his brain to do the most interesting thing, it internalises all the info out of each book until... The Incredible Book-Eating Boy by Oliver Jeffers is a fabulous fun story for younger readers about having an appetite for reading! LoveReading4Kids exists because books change lives, and buying books through LoveReading4Kids means you get to change the lives of future generations, with 25% of the cover price donated to schools in need. Join our community to get personalised book suggestions, extracts straight to your inbox, 10% off RRPs, and to change children’s lives. Oliver Jeffers has won numerous awards and delighted millions of kids and parents alike with his beautifully hand illustrated stories. This half term, our class are appreciating the work of various children's picture book illustrators and attempting to recreate their techniques. Here is our first project, focusing on the work of Oliver Jeffers in The Incredible Book Eating Boy masterpiece!

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment