276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Last Mrs Parrish: A gripping, addictive psychological suspense thriller with a shocking twist - a Reese Witherspoon pick!

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

She’d already purchased a prepaid cell phone, and she’d be sure to get rid of her real one, sending the police scurrying in the wrong direction. I'm a reader of 100+ books per year, I studied English literature, and I've been on The Today Show's Read with Jenna Book Club, Read with Jenna Book Club, Buzzfeed, The Atlantic, Esquire, Mashable, The Everygirl, Glamour, and more. She loved the feel of this singularly superior vehicle" - is just one example of awkward, unrealistic language, which I found to be a little irritating.

We’re supposed to want a woman to be a victim of domestic abuse because that is apparently a just punishment for a woman being selfish and fraudulent, and in some ways, determined.

A tight plot, with some remarkably deft turns is all the more of an achievement as it is the collaborative work of two sisters separated by three states. The Wife Between Us is FILLED with twists and is probably the most similar overall of all the books like The Last Mrs. Aside from not really feeling a connection to the characters, there is also not any suspense in this book. If you’ve been looking for an excuse to visit Iceland, or if you’re curious about attending a crime fiction festival in the future, I highly recommend adding Iceland Noir to your bucket list.

Told in three parts, the first two of roughly equal length and focusing on the perspective on firstly snakelike Amber and secondly on caring Daphne, the final fifty pages is devoted to Daphne’s belated discovery of Amber’s intentions. Daphne meets Amber at the gym, where they discover they share a terrible tragedy in common- the death of a beloved sister due to Cystic Fibrosis. it isn’t necessarily the best part of the ride, but it’s necessary to get you to that place where things go wild!Brian McAuley’s CURSE OF THE REAPER is a thriller tailor-made for, as his dedication so aptly puts it, the “Halloween people.

Without further ado, I’m so excited to share with you my personal picks for the Top 10 Crime Books of 2022 in today’s blog post! The first third is Amber’s POV, the second is Daphne’s and the third part is a bit of a combination conclusion. She has to make snide comments (mentally) about the weight of her coworker, and think to herself how much easier it was for Daphne's sister, who grew up with and eventually died from cystic fibrosis.m., Lana Crump quietly got out of bed, fully dressed, and slid the suitcase she’d packed earlier that night out from under it. The twists keep coming in this psychological roller coaster from debut author Constantine, the pen name of sisters Lynne and Valerie Constantine. Luckily for me, I had the perfect book for the job waiting on my to-read pile: Catherine Steadman’s brand-new release, THE FAMILY GAME. Parrish, and it dives deeper into Amber’s background prior to the events that occur in The Last Mrs.

But when she meets Eddie, a recent young widower in the wealthy community where she works, she thinks her luck has turned a corner and sets out to date and marry him. She deserves more—a life of money and power like the one blond-haired, blue-eyed goddess Daphne Parrish takes for granted. Posing questions on guilt, infidelity, jealously, infertility with a shot of coercive control, prepare for some Machiavellian mind games. A wonderfully clever story, filled with suspense and a shocking twist, that kept me turning the pages.

All of these negatives are only because my expectations were that this would be a “twisted, psychological thriller”. As the second half opens with the first person narrative of Daphne charting the course of her marriage from the incipient first meeting as a twenty-six-year-old graduate student with thirty-five-year-old Jackson, the CEO of a company he had built from the ground up with a reputation as something of a playboy. If you loved the movie Ready or Not or Jessica Knoll’s psychological thriller Luckiest Girl Alive, you’ll love Catherine Steadman’s THE FAMILY GAME.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment