276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Aberfeldy 21 Year Old Highland Scotch Single Malt Whisky with Gift Box, Aged in Oak Casks, Sherry & Bourbon Finish, 40% ABV, 70cl / 700ml

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The "environmentally friendly" designation refers to estates practising environmentally friendly wine-growing techniques, but that have not opted for certification or who are still in the process of converting to organic agriculture or biodynamics. These estates may have adopted biodynamic principles (non-certified) or simply no longer use chemical products. These designations apply to recent vintages (the date of certification, if known, is specified in the estate description).

The «Growing/vinification type» designation covers certified wines produced by biodynamic or organic methods, sustainably produced wines, and «environmentally friendly» wines that are not officially certified. The colour is a rich gold. On the nose the primary note is heather honey (definitely part of their house style, which I learned during the Masterclass); also cinnamon, mango, orange peel, light caramel, strawberries and really firm oak. Rather biscuity. Maltier with water. It's a rich, luscious nose, quite decadent. The «biodynamic» designation is used for all estates certified as using biodynamic methods, as verified by one of the two official bodies, Demeter or Biodyvin. All wines produced by biodynamic methods are also certified as organic. Aberfeldy Distillery is the home of the highly-acclaimed Aberfeldy 12 and Aberfeldy 21 single malt Scotch Whisky. The distillery is located where Perthshire's highest mountain, deepest loch, and longest glen meet, and is historically and geographically the 'Heart of Scotland'. Aberfeldy Distillery, founded by the John Dewar & Sons Ltd., was built in 1896 and opened in 1898. I have to understand that not everyone is looking for fireworks when it comes to their whiskies. Some just like to keep things simple.Unless mandatory applicable law provides otherwise, your use of and membership to the Service are exclusively governed by Dutch law. We shall first try to settle any dispute over a dram of whisky. Disputes that cannot be settled over multiple drams of whisky shall be solely submitted to the court of Amsterdam, The Netherlands unless mandatory applicable law provides otherwise. I was reminded of that golden Summer recently when I had a taste of Aberfeldy 21yo in the very different setting of an airport World of Whisky shop. It was light, floral, spicy and completely charming. It will be greatly admired by those who like that sort of a thing. Aberfeldy, owned by Bacardi, is the largest component of malts to go into the Dewars blend which would explain it's 3.5 million litre annual spirit output. You are responsible for all activities through your account. You are responsible for the accuracy of the information you provide to us in relation to your account, and for updating it where necessary. You are not allowed to create multiple accounts. We may terminate or temporarily suspend your account to protect you, ourselves or our partners from (suspected) identity theft or other (suspected) fraudulent (e.g. false, misleading, deceptive) activity. You have the obligation to keep your login credentials confidential. You shall not authorize any others to use or access your account.

What do I personally think of Aberfeldy? I don't, actually. I've had the 12 year old at a bar somewhere and was completely unmoved. I had this one sitting on my shelf for the longest time and was completely unmotivated to open it. Well we had success with the previous Christmas choice so had high hopes, however the Aberfeldy left us underwhelmed. It was a potential easy win for the bottle with eager, excited drinkers waiting to pour out the first drams but it was not to be. Whiskybase B.V. (“Whiskybase”, “we” or “us”, company details below) offers a whisky enthusiasts online platform that provides its members access to the most comprehensive, transparent and trusted resource of whisky bottles and allows and stimulates its members to contribute information about whisky bottles to the platform (“Service”). As a result, the whisky has an aroma of toasted malt, honey, fruit cake and citrus that give way to notes of heathered smoke, caramel, creamy vanilla and ash. The finish is long and spicy, with a touch of charcoal and stone fruits.

Categories

If any provision of these Terms is held invalid, the remainder of the Terms shall continue in full force and effect. Whiskybase B.V. is the Dutch private limited liability company, having its statutory seat in Rotterdam, The Netherlands and its office at Zwaanshals 530, 3035 KS Rotterdam, The Netherlands. Whiskybase B.V. is registered with the Dutch Chamber of Commerce under no. 52072819. The «organic» designation covers all estates certified as using organic methods, as verified by one of the bodies approved by the Ministry of Agriculture, such as Ecocert.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment