276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Room on the Broom

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

This new edition features the captivating classic story with a stunning, redesigned cover and beautiful embossed finish. Axel Scheffler is a star illustrator whose instantly recognizable, warm and witty illustrations have achieved worldwide acclaim and numerous awards. Best known for her collaborations with Axel Scheffler, each of these vivid rhyming stories is a triumph of imagination.

The book was also made into a play by Tall Stories and into an animated film by Magic Light, which was shown on BBC TV at Christmas 2012. Further books illustrated by Axel include Room on the Broom, Stick Man, Zog and The Smeds and the Smoos – all of which have been made into much-loved animated films by Magic Light Pictures. The witch and her cat fly happily over forests, rivers and mountains on their broomstick until a stormy wind blows away the witch's hat, bow and wand. We work separately – he’s in London and I’m in Glasgow – but he sends me letters with lovely funny pictures on the envelopes.

Their next book, The Gruffalo, was published in March 1999 and has already become a modern classic, selling more than 2 million copies worldwide and translated into over 20 languages. Axel’s artwork is exhibited internationally; he has illustrated for many charities and designed the Royal Mail Christmas stamps in 2012.

The audio version, voiced by Josie Lawrence, which includes the Room on the Broom song, won the Spoken Book Award for the best audio for 6 and under. A very funny story of quick wits and friendship, Room on the Broom is another smash hit from the unparalleled picture book partnership of Julia Donaldson and Axel Scheffler, creators of The Gruffalo.Knowing that he wanted to live in another country and learn a second language, he moved to England to study illustration at the Bath Academy of Art. Join the witch and all her animal friends in this magical touch and feel book, featuring all your favourite characters from Julia Donaldson and Axel Scheffler’s Room on the Broom. I imagined the witch to be quite young-looking but very untidy, so at first when I saw Axel’s sketches of a neatly-dressed old hag I was a bit taken aback. With a simple text, bright colours and touches to explore on every page, the Room on the Broom Touch and Feel Book is perfect for little hands, and is sure to keep preschool children entertained for hours.

Room on the Broom" is a well-crafted and heartwarming children's book that combines a valuable message of inclusion with engaging storytelling and delightful artwork.My novel The Giants and the Joneses is going to be made into a film by the same team who made the Harry Potter movies, and I have written three books of stories about the anarchic Princess Mirror-Belle who appears from the mirror and disrupts the life of an otherwise ordinary eight-year-old. He took his portfolio to a number of publishers and Faber commissioned him to illustrate The Piemakers by Helen Cresswell and The Bottle Rabbit by Bernard McCabe.

Room on the Broom book is another classic children's bedtime story straight from the wonderful creators of The Gruffalo. How the cat purred and how the witch grinned, As they sat on their broomstick and flew through the wind. It's a case of the more, the merrier, but the broomstick isn't used to such a heavy load and it's not long before. But long before he began his professional life, he had won his first drawing prize for an international chocolate company – his prize was a cuddly lilac cow. This was gotten for our grandson as they’d been reading this at school and he really likes it so we got it for him and he’s super happy.I really enjoy getting the children in the audience to help me act out the stories and sing the songs.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment