276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Next Level Basic: The Definitive Basic Bitch Handbook

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Most proctologists will tell you that they are dangerous and terrible for you, for so many reasons, and unless you need one for some sort of medical procedure, they will absolutely have the potential to do more harm than good. I love her thoughts on relationships, sex, even hookups--how she says women are active participants in romantic relationships, not just there to passively be chased until they "give it up. And it's not a parody or a satire, or if it is, it failed, because it didn't make me laugh and it ended up getting so lost in its own joke that it became the joke.

All humans have basic tendencies, and I am the living embodiment of a human who embraces her inner basic bitch, with pride. Next Level Basic, to its great credit, does the not-easy task of translating Stassi’s on-screen personality to text; you genuinely can hear her on the page…refreshing to read. I was extremely wary about listening to this book because sometimes reality stars books are lackluster. Similarly, to when Stassi went to Scheana’s show in Season 1 to make fun of her, I also wanted this book to be a goldmine of vapid and idiotic observations detailing the warped mind of Stassi Schroeder.I’m an avid listener of her podcast, and I felt like 95% of this book are stories and topics I’ve already heard.

Who better to teach us how to hone our self-confidence than the woman whose greatest skill set is identifying weak points in the emotional armor of others? Stassi has apparently decided that her particular Thing is “owning it” and at my most generous, I’d say that the purpose of this book is to help you find your self-confidence. I really don't know what I was expecting with this book, but I can tell you, I didn't expect some of it. The book did give some insight into the inner workings of Vanderpump rules (which is what I was more or less looking for). It gives you a sense of community and bonds you with strangers in a world that can be pretty isolating and harsh.First let me say, despite what you might think if you’ve seen me on Vanderpump Rules—I am not an authority on life what-so-fucking-ever. A weirdly fascinating aspect of this book is seeing all the various ways Stassi essentially rephrases the same core idea of “you do you, girl” and stretches it over a couple hundred pages. If you think chanting in a yoga class is the best thing ever, then good for you (even though it makes me want to gouge my eyes out with steaming-hot pokers).

There’s something for everyone under Schroeder’s big basic umbrella” ( Elle ) and in Next Level Basic, the reality star, podcast queen, and ranch dressing expert gives you hilarious and pointed lessons on how to have fun and celebrate yourself, with exclusive stories from her own life and on the set of Vanderpump Rules . This trip was extra special too because the camp squad was all in and we went to visit a mutual friend who just moved to grand lake, Colorado.I gave Holly Madison’s Playboy memoir five stars and I meant every single one of them, so I went into this book with a pretty open mind, and wasn't prepared to dismiss it just because it’s written by someone who became famous for being awful on a Bravo show. I got to 4 wheel drive the in-laws’ Jeep Rubicon “Rubi” at Rocky Mountain National Park, definitely a fun and somewhat dangerous way to spend a vacation but I enjoyed every minute of it! The lists were the funniest parts of the book, but I was a little squicked out that she had a "favorite serial killers" list. Besides that, Stassi claims she's here to encourage the reader to embrace their authentic, unpretentious, "basic" self - yet she focuses most of the book on the superficial: makeup, fashion, plastic surgery, how to take the perfect selfie (no, seriously, she gives tips on lighting and angles). Ok, so I'm a 52 year old attorney and I work with some pretty serious stuff---survivors of sexual assault--that kind of thing and I love watching Vanderpump Rules b/c it reminds me of me and my friends when we were in our 30's.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment